New in print
- BOOKMARKED. Ochalia, Bryan // Credit Union Management;Apr2003, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p16
Features James E. Neal Jr.'s book 'Effective Phrases for Performance Appraisals.'
- Speechless. Urban, Jim // Executive Report;Aug97, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p4
Editorial. Presents the book `Effective Phrases for Performance Appraisals,' a manual of phrases for performance reviews by employers on their employees. How some managers and employers are not effective communicators; Importance of performance appraisals to be communicated clearly; How some...
- Executive briefcase. Reiff, Rick // Orange County Business Journal;04/28/97, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p46
Reviews the book `Effective Phrases for Performance Appraisals: A Guide to Successful Evaluations,' by James E. Neal Jr.
- Give and take. Allerton, Haidee // Training & Development;Jul94, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p66
Presents the book `How To Receive a Performance Appraisal.' Prices; Contact information.
- Books. Owensen, George // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Mar/Apr99, Issue 14, p29
Reviews the book `Teach Yourself Performance Appraisals,' by Polly Bird.
- Putting a Good Spin on Bad Performance Appraisals. // Workforce (10928332);May2000, Vol. 79 Issue 5, p24
Reviews the book `Effective Phrases for Performance Appraisals,' by James E. Neal, Jr.
- Do I `Radiate Authority'? Vogl, A.J. // Across the Board;May2000, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p1
Comments on the book `Effective Phrases for Performance Appraisals,' by James E. Neal Jr. Issues in employee evaluation discussed in the book.
- If you can't think of anything nice to say, try one of these. // Adweek Western Edition;4/18/94, Vol. 44 Issue 16, p22
Presents a book, `Effective Phrases for Performance Appraisals,' by James E. Neal Jr. Ways to effectively communicate with subordinates.
- Should you be a mentor? // Nation's Business;Apr91, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p24
Highlights several major themes from the booklet `Executive Mentoring: Myths, Issues, Strategies.' Focuses on the mentor relationship among women in business.