The secret of a good relationship
- How do I keep a male mentor--and avoid gossip? Kennedy, Marilyn Moats // Glamour;Aug94, Vol. 92 Issue 8, p112
Answers a question on how a woman employee can keep her mentor relationship with her boss intact while avoiding office gossip about it.
- Building Effective Mentoring Relationships. Pittenger, Khushwant K. S.; Heimann, Beverly A. // Review of Business;Spring/Summer2000, Vol. 21 Issue 1/2, p38
Focuses on the determinants of effective mentoring relationships in businesses. Effectiveness of mentoring and contextual variables; Characteristics of a favorable organizational environment for the development and nurturance of mentoring relationships; Importance of building effective...
- Guiding blight. Brockband, Anne; Beech, Nic // People Management;05/06/99, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p52
Offers information on a study of mentoring relationships, conducted at King's Healthcare NHS Trust in London, England. Methods of the study; Aspects of mentor's role; Influential image of mentors; Change in mentees' attitude; Lessons from the study that are useful for professionals who manage...
- At the Crossroads. Jayne, Vicki // New Zealand Management;Nov2002, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p24
Talks about changes in the human resource (HR) industry as of November 2002. Factors which impact on the traditional functions and focus of HR management; Nature of employee brand statements; Surge in coaching and mentoring in the industry; Competencies needed by HR professionals; Impact of...
- Overcoming the Toughest Common Coaching Challenges. Gallo, Amy // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;4/15/2015, p2
In the article, the author discusses how managers can overcome the most difficult common challenges when coaching their employees, citing tips from Harvard/McLean Institute of Coaching founder Susan David, including taking an alternative view and managing one's emotions.
- The value of mentoring. Alderman, Wulston // Logistics & Transport Focus;Dec2010, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p24
The author discusses the value of mentoring to both the mentor and mentee. He explains the three types of mentoring relationships namely upwards, peer to peer, cross-functional and downwards. He talks about the benefits of mentoring including the improvement of networking opportunities and the...
- Mentoring--what the heck is that about? DePaolis, Joseph A. // Tire Business;4/12/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p17
The article presents the author's opinion regarding mentoring program for a business. He discusses eight mentoring strategies that should be considered for conducting mentoring program for a business. The author tells that one should be able to put plans in place to accomplish one's goals. The...
- Executive Coaching--With Returns a CFO Could Love. Fisher, Anne // Fortune;2/19/2001, Vol. 143 Issue 4, p250
Presents answers to questions related to employees and careers as of February 19, 2001. Information about the usefulness and benefits of executive coaches in business; Advice about how to handle the shortcomings of a boss without coming across as a difficult employee.
- How to Retain Employees and Increase Job Satisfaction. Driscoll, Suzanne // Managing People at Work;Jul2012, Issue 364, p5
The article offers tips for the retention of employees and for the increase of their job satisfaction. Entrepreneurs can retain their employees by having a buddy system in the workplace once they hire an employee. They are advised to set-up a mentoring program to enable their employees to find...