When the going gets tough
- Growing problem of stress alarms business. Hodges, Catherine // People Management;05/04/95, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p14
Deals with stress and depression in the workplace as an issue for British companies. Figures from the Royal College of Psychiatrists (RCP) on employees who experience mental health problems; Launching of an action pack on how to implement an effective mental health policy in the workplace;...
- Stress as a way of life. Poe, Randall; Courter, Carol Lee // Across the Board;Mar1996, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p5
Reports on a survey related to daily or weekly stress at work.
- Early burnout among today's rising stars? Thomas, C. William // Baylor Business Review;Fall1991, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p21
Points out the increase in the number of workers in the United States who are experiencing job-related stress. Findings of a Lou Harris poll on the average weekly working hours; Articles on job stress; Suggestions for preventing job-related stress.
- Caution, stress at work. // Marriage Partnership;Spring96, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p66
Presents a list of the most stressfull occupations in the United States ranked according to the levels of tension-producing work demands. Includes the US president; Firefighters; Senior corporate executive.
- Pressure on the job. Henderson, Craig // Public Management (00333611);Dec97, Vol. 79 Issue 12, p21
Presents the results of a survey on job stress among American employees as of December 1997. Reason for misbehavior in the workplace; Actions taken to relieve stress; Recommendation for management to control pressure.
- Physical, psychological stress harmful to workers. Newell, Mary // Westchester County Business Journal;5/20/96, Vol. 35 Issue 21, p20
Focuses on job stress in the workplace. Work-related disabilities associated with stressful working conditions; Impact on employee turnover and absenteeism.
- Stressed for success. Hinsberg, Claire M. // Corporate Detroit;Jun96, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p26
Takes a look at some research on job-related stress in the United States. Major sources of stress for Americans in the workplace; Variables related to stress; Steps to take to relieve stress; Characteristics of people who suffer from stress.
- Coping with on-the-job stress. Underwood, Anita // Black Enterprise;Aug92, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p86
Discusses work-related stress and the importance of determining how you deal with stressful situations and altering your responses. Special problems felt by African-Americans in the workplace; African-Americans and the glass ceiling; Corporate lines of communication; The difficulty of balancing...
- Just say no! McEwan-Adkins, Elaine K. // Today's Christian Woman;Sep/Oct95, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p124
Presents warning signs about a busy person on the verge of a breakdown. Includes waking up in the middle of the night; Having no time to celebrate own birthday; Breaking down in tears.
- Reducing the stress of job loss by writing about it. // Association Management;Dec94, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p17
Reports that writing about job loss may help relieve the stress accompanying the loss. Study of executives who have experienced job losses; Results of study.