Local authorities offered new job-matching system
- Executing Pay for Performance: Using Technology to Connect Compensation With Performance Management. Summers, Lynn // Benefits & Compensation Digest;Sep2004, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p29
Deals with the use of technology in connecting compensation with performance management. Ability of an Internet-based performance management system to set goals with an awareness of the ultimate contribution of an employee to corporate success; Completion of assessments; Capacity of the system...
- Measures of Technology as Predictors of Employee Attitude. Rousseau, Denise M. // Journal of Applied Psychology;Apr78, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p213
The contribution of three measures of technology to the prediction of employee attitude is examined. Two hundred and one employees in 19 organizational units completed a questionnaire in which they described their jobs and attitudes toward their jobs. A global measure of technology was derived...
- The introduction of job evaluation system in an Italian university. The case of A.Avogadro University. Bertero, Pierantonio; Carenzo, Paolo; Franchino, Jose; Turolla, Andrea // Economia Aziendale Online 2000 Web;Jul2009, Issue 3, p11
This paper deals with the implementation of a job evaluation system in a University in the North of Italy (A. Avogadro University). Job evaluation in public organizations is characterized by specific issues (high bureaucracy, high organizational complexity, high influence by trade unions,...
- How to: Pick a job evaluation system. Fowler, Alan // People Management;02/08/96, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p42
Discusses how reward systems can still benefit from job evaluation and examines criteria for selecting the most appropriate method. Factors affecting the increasing trend in the use of job evaluation schemes; Broad categories of job evaluation; Questions to consider in choosing a job evaluation...
- Sure you're ready? Poe, Randall; Courter, Carol Lee // Across the Board;Mar1996, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p6
Reports on a survey which found out that forty percent of promoted managers and executives fail or receive poor reviews within 18 months.
- How do you rate your job qualifications? // Career World;Apr/May96, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p31
Presents a questionnaire to help determine what kind of employee you would make, by evaluating your qualities and qualifications.
- Researchers rank their job concerns. // R&D Magazine;Aug97, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p11
Presents information using a graph showing the job concerns of researchers in the United States. Areas of concern include, job security, advancement, and operating budget.
- Mind your own business. Pollock, Ted // Supervision;Jun97, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p24
Presents ways to evaluate on-the-job effectiveness of employees. Planning; Initiating; Delegating; Decision making; Communicating; Relationships; Putting praise on paper; Use of a grievance checklist; Importance of accountability; Emphasis on listening.
- The pros and cos of 360-degree feedback: Making it work. Vinson, Mary N. // Training & Development;Apr96, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p11
Examines the advantages and disadvantages of the 360-degree feedback, a performance appraisal system for employees. Trend towards upward feedback; Procedure and concept of upward feedback; Experiences with upward feedback; Recommendations on how to make the 360-degree feedback work in an...