Pension firms told to improve staf training
- The Bottom Line on Technology Spending. Davis, Riccardo A. // Accounting Technology;Apr2005, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p24
Focuses on the factors to consider in investing in newly-developed technologies. Need to take into account the system capabilities and application of the technology; Importance of training staff in using new equipment; Advertisement and marketing strategies for the products.
- Training In Capital Expenditure Analysis. Abdelsamad, M.H. // Training & Development Journal;Jul74, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p18
Discusses the necessity of incorporating capital expenditure analysis skills in employees' job training programs. Reasons for including the issue in employee training; Recognition of the most common problems in accelerated training; Description of the training in practice.
- Platform fever -- still growing, but much slower. Fielding, Zoe // Money Management;6/16/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 21, p1
Reports on the increasing number of financial planners using three or more platforms in their businesses in Australia. Proliferation of low-cost platforms; Consideration of the unlimited number of master trusts or wraps planners advisers count use; Facilitation of employee training.
- INVEST TO RETAIN. // Fleet Owner;Mar2010, Vol. 105 Issue 3, p39
In this article the author states that, to keep technicians in the truck industry, it is necessary to invest for them. The investment will be on training which will allow a career path and by providing the latest and most efficient diagnostic tools for the technicians. The Rush Truck applied the...
- Training firms continue to see revenue rise. // IT Training;Jul2005, p68
The article provides information about a survey on the overall financial performance of the IT training sector in Great Britain. The results for the first quarter of 2005 show the highest revenue growth since the second quarter of 2001, before the three-year slump experienced by most training...
- BSkyB makes its fleet safer. // Employee Benefits;Mar2005, p9
The article informs that BSkyb is introducing driver training across the organisation as part of a health and safety initiative instigated by new chief executive officer James Murdoch. The news organisation piloted the scheme, run by risk assessment provider Drivetech, on 100 Sky Sports staff...
- NEXT MOVE. // Computer Weekly;4/11/2006, p40
The article presents information on how an IT personnel can retrain for a role as an IT risk analyst or security analyst. Looking at making major changes in one's career and the technology area they work in always seems a daunting task. Garnering information purely from job advertisements can be...
- Keeping MRFs safe and sound Harris, Sydney M. // World Wastes;Feb1996, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p47
No abstract available.
- Organizations spend $58.6 billion on training. Boles, Margaret; Sunoo, Brenda Paik // Workforce;Jan1998, Vol. 77, p21
Reports that training budget in American organizations increased by five percent in 1997 as compared to 1996 figures. Expectation of continuous investments in training and development in 1998.