People and posts
- People… on the move. Wigham, Ross // Personnel Today;2/19/2002, p34
Reports the selection and appointment of executives in Great Britain in February 2002. Spencer Drain as head of training and development of Women's Royal Voluntary Service; Steve Dyson as skills development manager; James Larson as human resource director of Six Continents.
- People… on the move. Wigham, Ross // Personnel Today;2/5/2002, p32
Reports development in the human resources career in Great Britain. Joining of Stephen Bevan at the Industrial Society; Appointment of Sharon Hingley to be director at the Praxis Interim Management; Recruitment of Suzanne fine as head of legal training at the international law firm Lovells.
- Firm Dynamics and Labor Market Consequences. Morita, Hodaka // Journal of Law, Economics & Organization;Jun2012, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p235
This article explores a new model of firm dynamics that incorporates workers, their accumulation of specific human capital, and their mobility. A firm's production efficiency is determined by the levels of its managerial capability and its workers' firm-specific human capital in the model....
- A season of change. Carroll, David // Casino Journal;Mar2005, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p22
Focuses on several practices related to human resources. Suspension of employees for being absent; Selection of an employee by a manager without talking to the supervisor; Insights on employee benefits.
- Retooling HR. Boudreau, John // People & Strategy;2012, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p9
The article discusses the need for human resources (HR) departments to help business leaders build an effective framework for appointing executives and employees. According to the author, the HR profession should make sure that business leaders are aware of evidence-based best practices about...
- Integrity Is Integral to Career Success. Gauss, James W. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Aug2000, Vol. 54 Issue 8, p89
Discusses the need for hiring personnel to investigate the standards of professional conduct of candidates being considered for executive positions at healthcare organizations. How to handle problem areas; Link between career success and integrity.
- Length of service a key factor in redundancies. // Personnel Today;6/11/2002, p51
Reports the result of the Employment Restructuring Survey of lawyers and human resource directors on selection of employees for redundancy in Great Britain. Relevance of length of service, attendance records and competency for criteria in selection; Consideration on the role of job; Redundancy...
- People - Your Most Important Asset. Darlington, Hank // Supply House Times;Sep2002, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p66
Focuses on the importance of effective hiring. Role of human resource in a successful business; Abilities of managers to hire talented people; List of key personality traits.
- THREE STRIKES. Peckenpaugh, Jason // Government Executive;Apr2001, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p16
Focuses on the federal hiring procedures for human capital issues in the United States. Application of the 'rule of three' for service job competition; Absence of a scientific processes for the rule of three to be effective; Proposal of eliminating the rule of three process.