- Cost cutting and inflexible rotas. // Credit Management;Sep2011, p44
The article discusses a court case wherein an employer has been sued for sex discrimination after implementing an inflexible working rota on a female employee in Great Britain.
- Managers unaware of Cyberliability. // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Mar/Apr2002, Issue 30, p7
Focuses on the problems associated with employee Internet misuse in Great Britain. Occurrence of sex discrimination in work environment; Growth of the downloading of pornography by employees; Preventive actions of employers in reducing pornography.
- E. European women battle for a better workplace. von Kreisler, Kristin // Christian Science Monitor;8/8/97, Vol. 89 Issue 178, p10
Focuses on the difficulties facing women in Eastern Europe who are seeking employment. The limited number and types of jobs available to women; Blatant discrimination of female employees; The problems of rampant unemployment and poverty for women; The prevalence of sexual harassment; The large...
- Warn bosses: Their texts could be used as evidence. // HR Specialist;Feb2014, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p1
The article offers information on the court case Ewald v. Royal Norwegian Embassy which deals on the sex bias made by a lawyer to his employee.
- Justification in Direct Sex Discrimination Law: Taboo Upheld. T. Gill; K. Monaghan // Industrial Law Journal;Jun2003, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p115
John Bowers and Elena Moran advocate that there should be a general justification defence for direct sex discrimination ((2002) 32 ILJ 307). This article takes issue with that proposition. It reappraises the need for a prohibition of direct discrimination on protected grounds, subject only to...
- GEORGIA: Morehouse employee fired for discriminatory e-mail. // Gay & Lesbian Times;10/8/2009, Issue 1137, p18
The article reports that an employee has been fired and another has been reprimanded for making discriminatory comments on the wedding photos of a gay couple in their work e-mail accounts in Morehouse College in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Gen Y complains of reverse ageism. Stewart, Claire // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);8/3/2015, p3
The article focuses on the Westpac Women of Influence Report, which found sex discrimination is observed as a problem by 96% of female leaders between the ages of 18 and 34.
- LOCAL: Gay Calif. Employees Want Antibias Training. // Advocate;8/19/82, Issue 349, p21
Reports on the demand of Advocates for Gay and Lesbian State Employees to the state of California to provide training on antigay discrimination in 1982.
- Occupation sex segregation in Britain, 1979–1989: the persistence of sexual stereotyping. Watts, Martin; Rich, Judith // Cambridge Journal of Economics;Jun93, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p159
Examines the changes in the occupational sex segregation in employment in Great Britain. Measure for different occupational groups; Improvement in the occupational access of women; Prevalence of sexual stereotyping in certain occupations.