- ENR Washington observer. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/1/95, Vol. 234 Issue 17, p9
Presents news items on legislative updates affecting engineering in the United States as of May 1, 1995. Injunction by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission against an arbitration policy preventing employees from filing employment discrimination claims; Refusal by the US Department of...
- DON'T RISK GAMBLING YOUR INVESTMENT. Cassidy, Ken // Massage & Bodywork;Feb/Mar2002, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p128
Presents tips to reduce liabilities due to claims, lawsuit or misconduct in a business. Creation of an employee file; Implementation of a Policy and Procedure Manual; Clarifications on employee contract.
- News in brief: National. // Education Week;04/02/97, Vol. 16 Issue 27, p4
Reports on developments affecting education in the United States as of April 2, 1997. Includes lawsuit filed by students questioning the policy of the Galth school board in California for allowing the search by trained dogs of drugs in students' things and lockers; Claims of violations of right...
- HR Q&A. // HR Specialist;Feb2014, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p4
The article presents questions and answers related to labor policy in the U.S. such as one on the accessibility of employees' disciplinary action documentation or performance improvement plans, one on the filing of workers' compensation claim, and one on wage increase.
- Safeguard against sexual harassment. Kimble-Ellis, Sonya // Black Enterprise;Dec98, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p36
Offers business owners advice on how to strengthen sexual harassment policies in order to protect employees. Increase in the number of sexual harassment claims received by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission; Need for a clear procedure for filing complaints; Harassment training.
- ERISA PLAN DEFINED--CONVERSION POLICY NOT AN ERISA PLAN; PREEMPTION. // Benefits Quarterly;2000 Fourth Quarter, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p103
Presents the case filed by insurance agent Jeanne Demars against CIGNA Corporation regarding the application of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act's preemption to claims arising from conversion policy. Overview of the case; Decision of the court on the status of the conversion policy;...
- Proactive approach key to avoid employee lawsuits. Fagan, Pamela // Business Press;1/3/97, Vol. 9 Issue 36, p5
Presents some steps employers could take to avoid employment practices claims and lawsuits. Auditing personnel policies and procedures; Implementing effective policies and procedures in an employee manual; Training supervisors and managers on crucial issues and practices; Investigating all...
- How employers can reduce sexual harassment claims. Horner, Stephen P. // Fairfield County Business Journal;4/3/95, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p18
Presents advice on the reduction of workplace sexual harassment claims to employers. Sex harassment as a growing problem in the workplace; Sex harassment according to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission; Announcement of anti-sex harassment policy to employees; Employee training on the...
- Claiming in the Name of Fairness: Organizational Justice and the Decision to File for Workplace Injury Compensation. Roberts, Karen; Markel, Karen S. // Journal of Occupational Health Psychology;Oct2001, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p332
The article presents information on organizational justice and the decision to file for workplace injury compensation. The article explores the relationship among injured workers' perceptions of workplace justice and perception of employers' disability--related policies, and the decision to file...