- Employee training. // Professional Safety;Jun98, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p54
Presents a number of resources pertaining to employee training. Books include, `Basic Safety Administration: A Handbook for the New Safety Officer,' by Fred Fanning, `5-Minute Safety Thinker,' by Wayne Friery and `Technology-Based Training,' by Serge Ravet and Maureen Layte.
- New Training Tools. // Training & Development Journal;Jun74, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p52
Features print, audio and video resources for employee training and manpower development. Inclusion of the Manpower Development Game from Education Research; 'Profit' film from Stephen Bosustow Productions; 'The Art of Dictation' cassette/workbook training package written by Standard Oil Co.
- Keeping Up to Date. // Training & Development Journal;May82, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p40
Focuses on several information resources ideal for employee training and development. Factors to consider in buying books related to training and development; Importance of continuous learning among human resources department officers.
- The JAL Guide to the Professional Literature: Personnel & Staff Development. Altman, Ellen; Pratt, Allan // Journal of Academic Librarianship;May99, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p258
Presents information on the article `Facing the Challenge: Technology Training in Libraries,' by Dan Marmion, which appeared in the December 1998 issue of Information Technology and Libraries.
- Information systems people: A valuable resource. Cremer, Clare // Business Quarterly;Spring93, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p121
Discusses the need for companies to place more emphasis on training their information systems personnel. Highlights of the study `Software and National Competitiveness: Human Resource Issues and Opportunities,' by the organization Employment & Immigration Canada (EIC); Achievement of true...
- Sound off. // Landscape Management;May2003, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p90
Focuses on the availability of a range of training materials for the landscaping industry in the U.S. Publication of training materials by professional organizations; Topics addressed in various training manuals and video tapes; Sourcing of training materials.
- Do general practice characteristics influence uptake of an information technology (IT) innovation in primary care? Evans, Josie M.M.; Guthrie, Bruce; Pagliari, Claudia; Greene, Alex; Morris, Andrew D.; Cunningham, Scott; Donnan, Peter T. // Informatics in Primary Care;2008, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p3
Introduction: Recent evaluations of IT innovations in primary care have highlighted variations between centres and practices in uptake and use. We evaluated whether structural characteristics of a general practice were associated with variations in use of a web-based clinical information system...
- Disability Confident. Walters, Tracy // People Management;4/8/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p47
Reviews the electronic learning toolkit Disability Confident from the Employer's Forum on Disability and Skill Boosters. Description; Features; Topics covered.
- TECH SAVVY, KNOWLEDGE POOR. // Industry Week/IW;Apr2003, Vol. 252 Issue 4, p28
Stresses the importance of human resources to information management in business. Limitations of learning centers; Tips to help employers prepare employees to handle data sources; Example of a method for making decisions and seasonal staffing adjustments.