Ideas for building a better society
- In brief. // Public Finance;4/28/95, p3
Reports that the DTI will not question the Halifax Building Society's plan to buy the Bank of Scotland's 50% interest in Halifax Credit Card Ltd.
- Through the security Net. // Management Today;Aug1996, p11
Reports on the doubts on the security of the Internet. Deterrence of potential traders; Services provided by Halifax Building Society on the Internet.
- Halifax employees to assess management. Littlefield, David // People Management;02/08/96, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p5
Reports managers at Halifax Building Society will have to account for staff comments. Criteria for judging the performance of managers in the company; Merging of Halifax and the Leeds Building Society; Foreseen advantage from the completed 12-point competency framework.
- Whose money is it? // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Sep94, Vol. 72 Issue 8, p13
Focuses on the accounting procedure for not-for-profit societies in Great Britain. Orientation of accounting education toward profit-seeking organizations; 1993-94 financial profile of the Halifax Building Society; Difficulty of establishing the beneficiary of a society's surplus of income.
- New approach to global rescues. // Accountancy;Feb1997, Vol. 119 Issue 1242, p16
Details the share issue of the Halifax Building Society.
- Thrift IPO fever with English accent. Moreira, Peter; Guzelova, Irena // American Banker;1/16/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 11, p18
Reports on trends in the initial public offerings (IPOs) by thrifts in Great Britain. Plan of Halifax Building Society, the biggest British mortgage lender, to give away free shares to members; Estimated number of customers who will get about 32-billion dollars in shares or cash when Halifax...
- Halifax defends its merger with Leeds. // Public Finance;12/2/94, p4
Reports on the economic impact of the proposed merger between the companies Halifax Building Society and Leeds Permanent on the building society movement in Great Britain. Effects on the principle of mutuality; Inevitability of mergers between societies.
- Supply continues high. // Accountancy;May86, Vol. 97 Issue 1113, p49
Presents updates on the British mortgage market as of 1986. Reduction of building societies' repayment mortgage rates; Increase in house prices; Entry into the mortgage market by Chase Manhattan; Applications received by Halifax Building Society in March 1986.
- In brief. // Accountancy;Nov83, Vol. 94 Issue 1083, p33
Reports the launching of the Cardcash service of Halifax Building Society and the adoption of term assurance contracts for expatriates by the Sun Alliance Insurance Group in Great Britain.