- Retailer targets drivers. // People Management;12/18/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 25, p17
Focuses on the opposition of the GPMU print union to plans of WH Smith to reduce the salary of newspaper delivery drivers in London, England. Reason for salary reduction.
- WH Smith targets Amazon territory. // Marketing Week;6/18/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 16, p32
Presents information on the purchase of Internet Bookshop, by WH Smith company. Financial aspects of the purchase; Information on Amazon.com; Plans of Amazon.com; Comments from Roger Green, managing director of EMAP Online.
- Exec exits reveal W H Smith still in flux. Ferguson, John // Billboard;10/19/96, Vol. 108 Issue 42, p56
Details the status of music retailer W H Smith Retail of the United Kingdom in 1996. The surprise resignation of Nigel Kenyon Jones, head of the music-buying department; His successor John Cormode; Other resignations; W H Smith's reporting of its first financial loss in 1995.
- W.H. Smith sales, earnings up. Wheeler, Sara // Publishers Weekly;1/31/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 5, p16
Reports on sales of W.H. Smith for six months ending November 27, 1993. Percentage profit increase before tax in London, England. Percentage decrease of sales in the United States.
- W.H. Smith looking up. Lichtman, Irv // Billboard;9/3/94, Vol. 106 Issue 36, p126
Reports on the financial performance of W.H. Smith as of September 1994. Pre-tax profit; Increase in sales.
- News that passed Smith's by. Heller, Robert // Management Today;Nov96, p23
Reports on WH Smith's business losses due to neglect of its original business. Possible solutions for the recovery of the loss; Initiation of residual brand strength and new management; Smith's use of too much cash-flow for other businesses.
- Launching the WH Smith Internet Portal. Beadle, Ross // European Retail Digest;Jun99, Issue 22, p10
Focuses on the WH Smith Online site launched by WH Smith on April 26, 1999. Definition of the term portal; Reason of the company for launching a portal instead of a shop; Features of the site.
- The tome front. Baird, Roger // Marketing Week;4/2/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p43
Speculates on whether WH Smith acquisition of newsagent John Menzies will benefit the company, while focusing on the book retail market in Unites Kingdom (U.K.). Impact of United States (U.S.) book retailers on the U.K. market; Reference to U.S. retailer Borders acquiring U.K. chain Books Etc;...
- WH Smith outlines targets. // Employee Benefits;Jan2003, p8
Reports on WH Smith Inc.'s plans for a communication program to explain the group-wide element of bonus targets for its head office managers in Great Britain. Changes in the company's method of computing bonuses.