Transformed & geared up?
- In brief. // New Statesman & Society;4/14/95, Vol. 8 Issue 348, p9
Reports that Transport and General Workers' Union general secretary Bill Morris announced that he will be standing for re-election a year early.
- Independent man. Mann, Nyta // New Statesman & Society;10/27/95, Vol. 8 Issue 376, p32
Features Bill Morris of the Transport and General Workers' Union in Great Britain. Role in the establishment by the Labour Party of a preparatory working group on the implementation of the minimum wage; Flexibility on the question of which model o f social partnership would best suit Britain;...
- Union hopes for new deal. Way, Nicholas; Hooper, Narelle // BRW;4/29/96, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p90
Focuses on Bill Morris, general secretary of the Transport & General Workers Union in Britain. Morris' age; Comments from Morris; Positions he held.
- In gentle sorrow rather than anger, he laments that, under Labour, the employers have had all the favours. WILBY, PETER // New Statesman;01/22/99, Vol. 128 Issue 4420, p18
Profiles Bill Morris, general secretary of the Transport and General Workers' Union. His complaints against the Labour government; Challenges facing Morris; Career highlights.
- TGWU fight mainly one of style. Mann, Nyta // New Statesman & Society;5/26/95, Vol. 8 Issue 354, p7
Presents an analysis of the 1995 leadership election of the Transport and General Workers' Union (TGWU). Campaign strategies and propaganda employed by Jack Dromey and reelectionist Bill Morris; Major issues presented by the candidates; Possible changes within the TGWU management and policies...
- Britain's best-known trade unionist wants managed immigration, and will help the Lib Dems to fight privatisation. Ashley, Jackie // New Statesman;9/10/2001, Vol. 130 Issue 4554, p18
Reports on the comments from Bill Morris, leader of the Transport and General Workers' Union and most prominent black man in British political life, about the British government's handling of asylum. Moral issue in immigration; Issue over the Labour Party's use of the voucher system for...
- Interview: Bill Morris. Richards, Steve // New Statesman;02/27/98, Vol. 127 Issue 4374, p14
Interviews Bill Morris, trade union leader of the Transport and General Workers' Union (TGWU), regarding his views on trade union recognition and issues surrounding it. Significance of trade union recognition; Level of minimum wages; Caution on the increase in spending beyond limits planned by...
- Transport Workers discuss merger. // Monthly Labor Review;Dec81, Vol. 104 Issue 12, p59
Announces that delegates of Transport Workers established a Mass Transit Division during the union's 16h convention. Adoption of a resolution calling for consideration of a possible merger with the Amalgamated Transit Union; Plan of action of the division.
- ITF reinforces its campaign against flagging out. Cottrill, Ken // Traffic World;1/29/96, Vol. 245 Issue 5, p19
Reports that the International Transport Workers Federation is reinforcing its campaign against flag-of-convenience (FOC) vessels to counter what it says is continued growth in the number of substandard ships operated by rogue ship owners. Percentage of world fleet which is classified as FOC;...