US law puts disabled people back to work
- Introduction. // Employment Situation of People with Disabilities;2007, p1
An introduction to the publication "Employment Situation of People with Disabilities: Towards Improved Statistical Information" is presented in which the author discusses the purposes of the publication, which is geared towards providing information on current standards and definitions in the...
- Employment in the Javits-Wagner-O'Day program. // Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness;Jan/Feb96 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 90 Issue 1, p73
Presents demographic statistics on the employees of the Javits-Wagner-O'Day (JWOD) program. Purpose of JWOD; Disabilities among JWOD employees; Wage levels of JWOD employees; Formal education of JWOD employees.
- ON THE JOB. // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/13/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 41, p15
The article presents statistics related to the prevalence of disabilities among the U.S. employees in the workplace.
- JUST THE FACTS. // Abilities;Fall2009, Issue 80, p17
The article presents statistics on the unemployment rate of Canadians, age 15 to 64, with disabilities in 2006.
- Preface. Young, A. Sylvester; Evans-Klock, Christine // Employment Situation of People with Disabilities;2007, preceding p1
A preface to the publication "Employment Situation of People with Disabilities: Towards Improved Statistical Information" is presented.
- References. // Price of Exclusion: The Economic Consequences of Excluding Peopl;2009, Vol. 43, p77
A bibliography on the subject of employment of people with disabilities is presented which includes the article "Prevalence of impairments, disabilities, handicaps and quality of life in the general population: A review of recent literature," by E. Barbotte, F. Guillemin, and N. Chau, the report...
- Capturing the Elusive Working-Age Population With Disabilities: Reconciling Conflicting Social Success Estimates From the Current Population Survey and American Community Survey. Burkhauser, Richard V.; Houtenville, Andrew J.; Tennant, Jennifer R. // Journal of Disability Policy Studies;Mar2014, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p195
The purpose of this study is to examine the implications of using different approaches to estimating the U.S. working-age population with disabilities. The approaches compared are the traditional work-activity limitation question, the Census Bureauâ€™s newer six-question sequence that does...
- Jump In. Zaks, Zosia // Autism Advocate;Fall/Winter2013, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p6
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issues on topics including the unemployment and underemployment rate among adults with autism, customized employment for disabled person, and autism in children.
- Challenged but not disabled. Ayres-Williams, Roz; Graves, Nicole // Black Enterprise;Feb98, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p124
Explores how personal disabilities hinder from getting hired. Presentation of cases of disabled Black Americans who have experienced job search failure because of their disabilities; Statistics about the number of Black Americans who are suffering from physical disabilities; List of...