Recruitment and selection
- Is Your Newsroom Still Too White? Look in Your Own Backyard. Lloyd, Wanda S. // Columbia Journalism Review;May/Jun2002, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p77
Discusses issues surrounding the hiring of journalists from ethnic communities in the U.S. Status of minorities in the profession; Benefits of cultivating journalists from local minority community; Tips in finding qualified prospects in your community.
- Institute speakers urge hospitals to beef up minority recruitment. Runy, Lee Ann // AHA News;06/11/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 23, p3
Encourages health care organizations to recruit minorities in the United States. Ways to encourage participation of minorities in health care careers; Benefits of mentoring among different races and genders in the country.
- Agencies struggle to attract ethnic staff. Turner, Catherine // Marketing Week;6/15/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p13
The article presents an analysis of involvement of ethnic minorities in the advertising industry in Great Britain, and offers ways on how to attract them to the business. Although they make up eight percent of the population, there is still a paucity in number of non-white talents coming into...
- Access. Goldrich, Robert // SHOOT;03/23/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p4
Reports on employment opportunities in commercial production for deserving minority candidates in the United States. Decision of Procter and Gamble to link with Streetlights Production Assistant Program; Benefits of the working relationship of the two companies; Enhancement of the multicultural...
- Equal Opportunities. // People Management;10/29/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 21, p21
Presents an update on equal opportunities in employment in Great Britain. Threat on police constabularies who fail to meet targets for recruiting officers from ethnic minorities; Information on a directory for ethnic achievers; Information on the ruling that protects employees with mental...
- Minister urges recruitment diversity to unlock skills gap. // Workplace Learning & Skills Bulletin;9/21/2015, Issue 155, p2
The article reports on the call made by the Employment Minister, Priti Patel, for employers to take action on recruitment to build a fairer British society, in response to the findings of a YouGov survey revealing the readiness of most business leaders to take on staff from disadvantaged groups.
- Untitled. // Personnel Today;3/31/2009, p22
The article presents news briefs related to human capital in Great Britain. The British government will launch a recruitment campaign targeting ethnic minorities and women to help the Fire Service reach the equality targets they signed up to March 2009. McDonald's Corp. said it will recruit up...
- Study says support for minorities suffers. // Work-Life Newsbrief & Trend Report;Apr2009, p7
The article presents the result of the George Mason University researchers' study on support for minorities in Virginia. Study shows that people who tend to be supportive of diversity programs may change their attitudes during the economic strife. This suggests that those in hiring positions nay...
- Minority Hiring May Be Facing Retrenchment. Papper, Bob // USA Today Magazine;Mar2000, Vol. 128 Issue 2658, p66
Deals with the employment of minorities in television broadcasting stations in the United States (US). Significance of a decision by the US Court of Appeals in the District of Columbia on diversity in the workplace; Promotion and recruitment of broadcasters; Significance of diversity in...