Engineers campaign to improve job image
- ROLE CALL. // Food Manufacture;Sep2002, Vol. 77 Issue 9, p63
Presents information on project engineers. Job description; Educational requirements of a project engineer; Average age for a project engineer.
- Engineers and public perception. Allan, Roger // Electronic Design;04/01/97, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p18
Editorial. Focuses on the need for engineering professions and organizations to educate the general public on what engineers really do and stand for. Public perceptions on electrical and electronic engineers; Formal and rigorous education, training and intellect that electrical and electronic...
- Emergency liability worries engineers. Sanders, Bob // New Hampshire Business Review;2/2/96, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p12
Reports that engineers in New Hampshire, are worried that if they try to help in disasters, they could get sued. Workshops from the Office of Emergency Management on disaster management; What should the law cover; Information on the law RSA 508-17.
- Feed Back. Hall Jr., Marcus N.; Martin, Dustin D.; Riipinen, Joel // American Surveyor;2013, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p1
Two letters to the editor and a response from the author of the article "Florida Surveyor Rewriting Job Description" are presented.
- Engineering and conservation . Leopold, Aldo // Whole Earth;Summer98, Issue 93, p45
Discusses the responsibilities of an engineer and a conservationist. Reason for the engineer's disrespect for ecological wisdom; Criticism on engineers and ecologists.
- POLLUTION CONTROL TECHNICIAN. // Tech Directions;Aug2002, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p26
Focuses on career directions of pollution control technicians (PCT)/ environmental engineers in the U.S. Job description; Salary range of PCT; Educational requirements for PCT.
- What's all this designer stuff, anyhow? Pease, Bob // Electronic Design;1/9/95, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p129
Focuses on design engineers. Examples of innovative designs made by engineers; Duties of and factors which should be considered by design engineers; Experiences of the author in design.
- Industrial Engineering In England. Burns, John E. // Industrial Management;Mar67, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p2
Editorial. Provides information on the job description of an industrial engineer in England. Educational requirement for an industrial engineer; Requirement for an engineer to take the Institute of Work Study Practitioners Examinations.
- It all comes down to choices. Trudel, John; Konish, Nancy; Gawel, Richard // Electronic Design;01/11/99, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p48H
Presents an overview of the engineering profession for the year 2001. Belief that the best engineers will work in virtual, distributed communities using their own computers and laboratories; Compensation of engineers based on output and outcomes; Retention of the Internet as a tax-free zone.