Employers in rush to capture young talent
- State deploys to employ tech grads in Midwest. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;01/29/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p11
Reports on the campaign of state officials to recruit students for Michigan jobs. Aim of the campaign; Operation of the recruitment process; Tactics for college recruitment; Universities to be visited by the Michigan Recruitment Alliance.
- Employers warned against overselling graduate jobs. Prickett, Ruth // People Management;04/16/98, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p20
Highlights a survey by London, England-based Birkbeck College suggesting that British recruiters' overselling of jobs may exacerbate trainees' tendency to become disillusioned. Employers' complaint about the difficulty in recruiting the brightest from the increasing number of graduates; Results...
- The talent spotters. Lesseur, Jany // UNESCO Courier;Sep98, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p33
Focuses on the efforts of companies to recruit employees through international head-hunting agencies. How LaFarge, a French multinational firm recruited through AfricSearch; Qualifications of graduate students needed by Guido Tommei, a firm which offers services and technical know-how to oil...
- Skills and Characteristics Assessed by Recruiters during Campus Interviews and their Relationship... Chacko, Thomas I.; Olson, Jennifer L. // International Journal of Management;Jun99, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p207
Focuses on a study which examined the importance of personal skills and characteristics assessed by college recruiters when matching college applicants to job positions. Methodology; Significance of communication and human relation skills; Implications of the findings; Conclusion.
- Improving your college RBI. // Management Review;Sep77, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p6
Offers suggestions for improving college recruits-brought-in (RBI) average. Interviewing job candidates; Factors that afffect job decision; Maintenance of good relationship with schools; Advertising strategies; Monitoring of recruiting efforts.
- . . .make the most of work placements. McIntyre, Jacqueline; Richings, Cynthia // People Management;8/29/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 17, p42
Discusses various issues that human resources department should consider to get the maximum benefit from a student work placement. Project specification; Formal method for selection; Consideration of the student's perspective.
- Making SCHOOL MATTER. Rouzer, Patrica A. // HR Magazine;Aug1999, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p56
Discusses recruitment of employees based on grades particularly on high school. Aim of the Business Coalition for Education Reform which includes National Alliance of Business, The Business Roundtable and the United States Chamber of Commerce; Idea behind the concept; Discussion on school...
- MBAs Are Hot Again--And They Know It. BRANCH, SHELLY // Fortune;4/14/1997, Vol. 135 Issue 7, p155
Informs that many top companies are stepping up their recruiting efforts at the nations' top business schools. The compensation packages offered to top business school graduates; Why the interest in business school graduates has risen again; Desires of business school graduates; Adjustments...
- Tapping the Pool of U.S. Trained Foreign Students. // Management Review;Oct67, Vol. 56 Issue 10, p5
Reports on the recruitment of foreign students trained for work in the U.S. through the assistance of the Institute of International Education. Access of the companies to a roster of U.S.-trained foreign nationals; Assistance of the corporate recruitment officers in their search for specific...