- rules for business restructuring - a timely reminder. Hannah, John; Amaranathan, Rani // Human Resources Magazine;Jun/Jul2006, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p14
The article discusses several guidelines for business restructuring. Employment protection provisions should be included in their employment agreements. These provisions provide a process for employers to negotiate with a proposed new employer about affected employees. An employer is also...
- Pull together. Skyte, Peter // Computer Bulletin;Sep2000, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p16
EmployersÃ• ability to lay down employment contracts, plus signs of a transfer of IT specialistsÃ• ambitions from money to a balanced life and less stress, are bringing a new need for trade unions â€“ and recent legislation gives staff greater rights to representation. Peter Skyte...
- Developments in Electronic Employment Relations. Burgess, John; Waring, Peter // International Journal of Employment Studies;Oct2006, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p83
While a literature is emerging on electronic HRM practices, to date there has been little discussion of the potential for electronic agreement making and the general application of information and communications technology (ICT) to industrial relations. The Office of the Employment Advocate...
- Canada supports workers' rights to form unions. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;9/6/2012, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p14
The article offers information on the union of Canada workers which includes card-check authorization and first contract arbitration.
- Benefits Dominate Calif. Labor Talks. Zwiebach, Elliot // Supermarket News Expert Blog;5/30/2012, p3
The article reports on the continuing labor talks centered on health and welfare benefits between United Food and Commercial Workers Union (UFCW) Local 5 and Local 8 in Northern California, and Raley's, Safeway and Save Mart Supermarkets as of May 30, 2012.
- La Huelga. // Monthly Labor Review;Sep70, Vol. 93 Issue 9, p58
Reports that the United Farm Workers Organizing Committee has signed an agreement on initial contracts with grape growers in California. Wage increases; Grievance procedures; Prohibition of strikes.
- Delayed-Payment Contracts As a Means of Discouraging Unionization. WHITE, MICHAEL E. // Journal of Labor Research;Fall93, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p423
Delayed-payment, self-enforcing implicit contracts are a viable means of discouraging unionization. A contract which would be terminated if employees unionize would reduce the expected gains from unionization for employees, because the firm would not be required to make the delayed payment....
- Is trading employers for customers smart? Marcus, Morton // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/15/97, Vol. 18 Issue 40, p13
Suggests way to enhance employee-employer working relationships. Description of traditional labor contracts; Role of unions in correcting traditional contract problems; Importance of continuity of service in industries.
- Innovative Approaches to Complaint/Grievance Resolution. Briggs, Steven // Labor Law Journal;Aug82, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p454
The article discusses the efficacy of grievance procedures as the leading method of resolving disputes over the application and interpretation of private sector collective bargaining agreements in the U.S. They serve a variety of purposes, including the clarification of agreement language, the...