- Broader approach to education strategy is needed for Britain. Eglin, Roger // Management Today;May94, p14
Focuses on the need for British industry workers to be educated. Skills deficiency of workers; Comparison of performance levels with Europeans; Need for availability of vocational education.
- Group Training Companies and the Inter-firm Provision of Training in Australia. Cooney, Richard // Labour & Industry;Aug2003, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p59
This paper examines the significance of the inter-firm provision of entry-level vocational education and training in Australia by studying a key group of interfirm providers, namely, group training companies. The nature of group training schemes is discussed with reference to two case studies,...
- American Workforce Lacks Basic Skills. // Society;May/Jun91, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p3
This article highlights a 1991 report released by the U.S. Office of Technology Assessment (OTA) which found that most of the workforce in the U.S. are not well-trained, when measured by international standards. The report paints a dismal picture of vocational training in the U.S. The prevailing...
- New regional agencies cast shadow over future of Tecs. Welch, Jilly // People Management;5/28/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p10
Presents information on the regional development agencies (RDAs), a central role in determining the skills and training needs of employees. Tec National Council network's role in developing employees' skills.
- SOURCES OF TRAINING AND THEIR IMPACT ON WAGES. Veum, Jonathan R. // Industrial & Labor Relations Review;Jul95, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p812
Using data from the National Longitudinal Survey of Youth from 1986 to 1990, the author investigates the wage impact of various sources of training-among them, company training programs, apprenticeships, business schools, vocational and technical institutes, correspondence courses, and seminars...
- Vocational Education And Industrial Training: Partners In The World Of Work. Arnold, Walter M. // Training Directors Journal / ASTD;Jun65, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p4
Reports on the efforts of training directors and vocational educators to eliminate undereducation and develop training skills. Establishment of total balanced program of vocational and technical education; Challenge faced by vocational educators; Implementation of programs in various countries.
- Managers, technology and market forces. Senker, Peter // Journal of General Management;Autumn89, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p4
Discusses the role of market forces in the capitalist economy. Differences between various sectors of industry's commitment to technological activities; Difficulties of setting criteria for the recruitment of employees; Importance of the employers' attitudes and policies in determining the...
- Training Newsbeat... // Training & Development Journal;Jun73, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p27
Presents articles relating to U.S. vocational education and employee training as of June 1973. Doctoral dissertation by Everett R. Warzecha on the effectiveness of animated and non-animated transparencies in vocational education; Description of McCulloch Corp.'s retail sales training program.
- CFI Calendar of Events 2009. // Floor Covering Installer;May/Jun2009, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p24
A calendar of events for the U.S. area on May 19 to August 19, 2009 is presented including Mohawk University Training & CFI R I Certification at Kent, Washington, a Carpet Estimating Course at Charlottesville, Virginia and Mohawk University Training & CFI R I Certifiction at Waukesha, Wisconsin.