Call for flexibility to stem carers exodus
- The leave of absence puzzle: Fitting the pieces together. Zashin, Stephen S. // Public Personnel Management;Winter97, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p471
Discusses important areas in handling employee requests for leave of absence due to sickness or injury in the United States. Legislation involved; Employee coverage; Definition of injury or illness; Benefit entitlements.
- PTOs: Effective but Not Widely Used. Lanphear, Sue // Credit Union Executive Newsletter;07/10/2000, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p2
Focuses on the benefits of paid-time-off programs for employers.
- FLEX-LEAVE: A DIFFERENT APPROACH TO TIME OFF. Mokotoff, Gary // Management Review;Nov86, Vol. 75 Issue 11, p61
Discusses the ins and outs of a flexible leave policy for employees. Applications of the policy to holidays, employees' personal days and vacations; Pros and cons; Policy implications on personnel management.
- HR Space. // Employers Law;Sep2011, p17
The article presents questions and answers related to the human resources community including how to deal with an employee who is on adoption leave, the obligations of an employee arrested charged for an offence happening outside the workplace and what the employer's process should be in such a...
- Council HR staff beat the snow by driving employees to work. Baker, Kat // Personnel Today;1/12/2010, p3
The article discusses the efforts of human resource (HR) professionals in Great Britain to minimize the absence rates during recent snowfalls.
- Sick leave policies. // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;Feb98, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p19
Answers a query concerning leave policies in hospital. Significance of policies imposed by hospitals to its employees; Standard policy for unscheduled absences which calls for a disciplinary action; Suggestions for handling unscheduled absence from work.
- TIMED OUT? J.C. // Entrepreneur;Dec2003, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p96
Discusses issues pertaining to employee vacations in the U.S. Regulations requiring companies to carry unused employee vacation time on their books as a liability; State regulations regarding unused employee vacation time; Employees' concern about job security.
- Perceived Impacts of Family Leave Policy: Do Organizational Factors Matter? Kim, Soonhee // Public Personnel Management;Summer2001, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p221
Studies the impacts of the Family and Medical Leave Act. Need for employees to balance commitments to work and family; Organizational and management support for family leave policies; Success or failure of such policies; Implications of the findings of the study.
- Continentaldrift. Beagrie, Scott // Personnel Today;10/20/2009, p3
The article discusses human resource practices across Europe as compared to Great Britain. It is stated that despite close working style there remains stark differences between the two. The UBS Prices and Earnings Survey 2009 reveals that cities across Europe enjoy the shortest annual working...