DIY precision tool or cowboy construction?
- Performance Appraisal Reactions: Measurement, Modeling, and Method Bias. Keeping, Lisa M.; Levy, Paul E. // Journal of Applied Psychology;Oct2000, Vol. 85 Issue 5, p708
In this study, the authors attempted to comprehensively examine the measurement of performance appraisal reactions. They first investigated how well the reaction scales, representative of those used in the field, measured their substantive constructs. A confirmatory factor analysis indicated...
- Reliability of a new measure of self-actualization. Lefrancois, Richard; Leclerc, Gilbert // Psychological Reports;Jun98, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p875
Examines the results of a pilot study conducted on the consistency of subjects, assessing the temporal reliability of the Measure of the Self-actualization of Potential, a self-reported inventory, designed to evaluate autonomy and psychological functioning of adult people. Methodology used to...
- A Comparison of Two Item-Selection Methodologies for Measuring Change in University Counseling Center Clients. Weinstock, Marjorie C.; Meier, Scott T. // Measurement & Evaluation in Counseling & Development (American C;Jul2003, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p66
This study compares the ability of 2 item-selection methodologies, principal components analysis and intervention item selection rules, to capture client changes on a 56-item self-report checklist. Scales formed with the intervention-sensitive items evidence larger effect sizes and reliability...
- Empty the Cup, Open the Mind. Ambrose, Larry // Healthcare Executive;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p58
Presents a self-assessment test to determine the receptivity of a person to learning opportunities. Receptivity to new learning; Management of self learning; Determination of self awareness intelligence quotient; Test of resilience of a person; Importance of being growth-oriented Ability to...
- Assessing psychological distress in Zulu-speakers: preliminary findings from an adaptation of... Shanahan, S.F.; Anderson, S.J.; Mkhize, N.J. // South African Journal of Psychology;Nov2001, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p1
The SCL-90-R, a 90-item multidimensional self-report symptom inventory, was translated into Zulu. A multistage translation procedure, involving back-translation, decentering, and the committee approach was employed. The translated instrument was pretested on a group of Zulu farm workers (N = 12)...
- Note on reliability and validity of self-evaluation of ability scales. Oosterveld, Paul; Vorst, Harrie C.M. // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Jun96, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p991
Examines the reliability and validity of self-evaluation of ability scales. Differential Aptitude Test; Values of Cronbach alpha for the Verbal, Reasoning, Spatial and Numerical Ability scales; Lack of validity for the Reasoning Ability scale.
- A defensive response set and the relation between cognitive and emotional functioning: A... Putzke, John D.; Williams, Mark A. // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Feb98, Vol. 86 Issue 1, p251
Focuses on a study which was designed to examine the hypothesis that a defensive self-report set tends to attenuate the strength of the relationship between self-report emotional functioning and cognitive tests, in relation to the functioning of verbal memory. Reference to previous studies...
- Are you a woman's woman or a man's woman? Ning Chao // Glamour;Jul2001, Vol. 99 Issue 7, p32
Presents several questions related to a woman's identity. Self-evaluation and answer analysis.
- Are You a Good Fit for Your Job? Reingold, Jennifer // Fortune;3/22/2010, Vol. 161 Issue 4, p48
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience in taking a Birkman Method self-assessment test.