Breaking through the glass ceiling
- Many Asian women migrant workers in Hong Kong. // Women's International Network News;Spring92, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p67
Reports on the situation of Asian women migrant workers in Hong Kong. Poverty as a major factor that drives Asian women to seek employment overseas; Educational attainment and skill level of Filipino domestic helpers; Hierarchy among Asian domestic helpers in Hong Kong; Accounts of how...
- Gain the edge in the knowledge race. Greengard, Samuel // Personnel Journal;Aug96, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p52
Focuses on the importance of recruiting foreign workers with the skill and expertise to drive innovation and product development. Competition among American companies for a limited pool of scientists, engineers and mathematicians; Influx of legal immigrants in the United States; Enhancement of...
- Hundreds of German workers ready to land in Canada: HR expert. Ross, Ian // Northern Ontario Business;May2005, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p36
Reports on German workers that will work in Canada. Influx of cheap labor from other parts of Europe; Impact on local economies.
- Big-company CEOs exemplify diversity. Martinez, Michelle Neely // HR Magazine;Aug1994, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p25
Reveals that major American companies employ more foreign nationals in comparison with their counterparts in Europe, Asia and Latin America. Non-disqualification of foreigners for top positions; Promotional philosophies of foreign companies.
- Adapting Training for Other Cultures. Morical, Keith; Benhong Tsai // Training & Development;April92, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p65
Discusses the use of adapting training for foreign employees. Background on cultural adaptation; Components of effective cultural adaptation; Benefit of modularization for adapting training. INSET: Tips for Crossing Borders.
- Hiring Foreign Workers in a Post-9/11 World. Flynn, Gillian // Workforce (10928332);Jul2002, Vol. 81 Issue 7, p78
Answers questions regarding the security of hiring employees after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the U.S. Outlook for hiring foreign workers; Obstacles in hiring foreign workers; Advice on hiring employees.
- Filipinos feels the Singapore sting. // Asian Pacific Post;10/30/2014, pAP19
The article looks at the struggle of Filipino domestic helpers in Singapore to acquire food, as addressed by the Humanitarian Organisation for Migration Economics.
- Immigrants bring new passions to the workplace. Culp // San Diego Business Journal;11/1/99, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p47
Focuses on the success of immigrants in the workplace. Examples of immigrants' experiences in their jobs; Importance of building good relationships with other entrepreneurs.
- Learn to deal with the work force of 2000 and beyond. Ott, Diana Trundle // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;Jun97, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p26
Discusses approaches in supervising immigrant employees in the United States. Development of a personalized training strategy; Use of written communication; Cross-training at every opportunity; Individualized supervision; Practice of patience, coaching skills and flexibility; Avoidance of...