Living together in perfect harmony?
- Circular Concerning the All-Around Implementation of the Labor Contract System in Private Enterprises and in Individual Household Enterprises. // Chinese Law & Government;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p16
Presents the text of a circular concerning the issues relevant to the implementation of the labor contract system in private enterprises and in industrial and commercial households in People's Republic of China as of May 4, 1996. Purposes of the circular; Bases of labor relations between...
- Circular Concerning the Gradual Implementation of the System of Collective Consultation and Collective Contracts. // Chinese Law & Government;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p19
Presents the text of a circular concerning the implementation of the system of collective consultation and collective labor contracts in China as of May 17, 1996. Legal grounds for implementing the system of collective consultation and collective labor contracts; Principles on which a labor...
- Circular Concerning the Strengthening of Labor Contract Management and the Improvement of the Labor Contract System. // Chinese Law & Government;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p27
Presents the text of a circular concerning the strengthening of labor contract management and the improvement of the labor contract system in China as of April 3, 1997. Problems that arose in the course of implementing the labor contract system; Ways of perfecting the contents of labor...
- Employee Relations. // People Management;01/06/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p13
Presents news briefs about employee relations in Great Britain as of January 2000. Agreement between British Telecommunications and the Communication Workers Union; Impact of the outsourcing of BP Amoco's human resource functions on its personnel staff.
- Don't Sign the New Employment Contract! Hansen, Larry L. // Occupational Hazards;Aug2000, Vol. 62 Issue 8, p27
Examines the impact of employment contract on employer-employee relations in the United States. Projections on the impact of technology on international commerce; Importance of retaining top employees in the business; Factors to consider in an employment contract. INSET: The New Employment...
- Developments in Industrial Relations. // Monthly Labor Review;Sep78, Vol. 101 Issue 9, p63
Presents news briefs related to industrial relations in the United States, compiled as of September 1978. No layoff clause in the settlement reached between the U.S. Postal Service and unions representing postal workers; Tentative contracts reached between railroad companies and unions; Wage...
- Major Agreements Expiring in November. // Monthly Labor Review;Oct67, Vol. 90 Issue 10, p57
Provides a table of major labor contracts in the United States that are set to expire in November 1967. Names of the companies and their industry; Names of the unions and the number of workers they represent.
- Outsourced staff suffer. Cushing, Kart // Computer Weekly;10/31/2002, p2
Focuses on the anxiety of employees who are involved in outsourcing deals on account of the company's improper communication with them. Percentage of employees who have been properly communicated by the company regarding the possible changes; Influence of the company's lack of communication on...
- The Art of the Oral Contract. Lazan, Michael // Back Stage;9/7/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 36, p36
Discusses factors that should be considered by actors who engage in oral agreements with producers. Description of the standard used in oral agreements; Requirements needed by actors to be able to file a breach of contract lawsuit.