Violence poser hits home for US employers
- Workplace violence not only severe problem to business... // Insurance Advocate;06/20/98, Vol. 109 Issue 25, p30
Reports that workplace violence is not only a severe problem to many American businesses, but one that is increasing in frequency according to the Society for Human Resources Management. Percentage of businesses that have reported incidents of workplace violence since 1994; Method of protecting...
- Employers can't look away from workplace violence. Flynn, Gillian // Workforce (10928332);Jul2000, Vol. 79 Issue 7, p68
Discusses the threat of workplace violence. Findings of the 1999 Society for Human Resource Management's survey on workplace violence; Information on employer's liability for workplace violence; Behaviors or risk factors that employers should watch for; How to prevent workplace violence.
- HR advised to combat staff gangs. // People Management;07/10/97, Vol. 3 Issue 14, p16
Focuses on the increase of incidents involving violence at work in the United States. Warning of the speakers at the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) conference for firms to take precautions; Establishing ways of balancing tact with responsibility for employees' safety; Information...
- tighter employee screening. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Mar2004, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p12
Report on the results of the survey conducted by Society for Human Resource Management on the attitude of human resource professionals toward security management in the workplace in the U.S. Concerns of human resource professionals on workplace violence; Prevalence of respondents practicing...
- Conference round-up. // People Management;07/11/96, Vol. 2 Issue 14, p12
Reports news concerning the United States Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). Society's team up with Disney University; Purpose of the alliance; Membership of SHRM.
- NAHR elects first board. Petrini, Catherine // Training & Development;Mar95, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p10
Reports on the election of National Academy of Human Resources' first roster of officers and directors. List of officers.
- Recap of 1994 shows increase in value of SHRM package. Adams III, John T. // HR Magazine;Mar95, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p8
Presents highlights of the 1994 year-end report of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). Increase in professional membership; Decline in dues income as a percentage of total revenue; Increased use of SHRM services by members; Revenues from the SHRM annual conference.
- The HRM marketplace list of exhibitors. // HRMagazine;Jun95, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p205
Lists the names of member exhibitors and advertisers in the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) as of April 26, 1995. Service specialties; Contact information.
- SHRM autographs its work with signature service. Compton, Kathy // HRMagazine;Sep95, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p157
Focuses on Society for Human Resource Management's (SHRM) implementation of a new program, SHRM Signature Service, dedicated to the satisfaction of its member-customers. Personal service commitment statement; Mission statement.