- The role of the internal verifier. Weaver, Dawn // Nursing & Residential Care;Apr2005, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p154
The article discusses the role of an internal verifier in an assessment centre. The requirements needed to qualify as a trainee verifier are stated. Internal verifiers are responsible for verifying assessment, developing and supporting assessors, and managing the quality of National Vocational...
- Flexible provision, relevant training. // Works Management;Nov2000, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p44
Describes how National Vocational Qualifications (NVQ) work for apprenticeship programs in Great Britain. Basis of the qualifications on an individual's performance at work; Range of workplace skills recognized under the NVQ.
- Construction Space. // Contract Journal;11/18/2009, Vol. 449 Issue 6744, p32
Several blogs regarding incompetent National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) plant assessors which had caused concern in Great Britain are presented including the need to provide new plant operatives, the regulatory changes made by the Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS), and the...
- Calderdale expands horticultural training scheme. // Horticulture Week;10/16/2009, p6
The article reports on the expansion of Calderdale Council's National Vocational Qualifications (NVQ) 2 Horticulture training program in West Yorkshire, England. It states that the training is offered to 18-24 year-olds and will start in November 2009. It indicates that the new apprentices will...
- GOVERNMENT EMPLOYMENT AND TRAINING MEASURES. // Labour Market Trends;May2004 Supplement, Vol. 112, pS102
Presents a chart on numbers in-learning on Learning and Skills Council funded Work-based learning for young people provision in England as of May 2004. Data on advanced modern apprenticeships; Foundation modern apprenticeships; National vocational qualifications training.
- CITB plans apprentice qualification scheme. Darcy, John // Contract Journal;9/1/2005, Vol. 430 Issue 6540, p7
Reports on the Programme-Led Pathways initiative that aims to help students who have achieved an intermediate construction award to have a National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) level 2 certification to be piloted by CITB-ConstructionsSkills in Great Britain. Construction companies that...
- COSTA BRAVO. Hillan, Paul // Training Magazine;Sep2004, p27
Focuses on the implementation of a modern apprenticeship and national vocational qualifications pilot program by Great Britain-based Costa Coffee, as of September 2004. Factors behind the enhancement of the existing program of the company; Benefits of the program for the brand image of the company.
- TRAIN! TRAIN! TRAIN! // Builders Merchants Journal;Feb2012, p43
The article reports on the National Vocational Qualification (NVQQ) received by the seven staff of Parker Building Supplies Ltd. from the Building Materials Federation (BMF) Apprenticeship Scheme in Great Britain.
- Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Trust's apprenticeship scheme. Grant, Dawn // People Management;Aug2012, p65
The article focuses on the apprenticeship scheme at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital National Health System Foundation Trust (CWH). It states that CWH scrapped its existing national vocational qualifications scheme because staff were failing to achieve qualifications within the allotted time,...