Changers warn foxes not to count chickens
- A warm summer in Ulster. O'Shean, Seamus // America;10/28/1995, Vol. 173 Issue 13, p4
Reports on hot topics of conversation in Ireland. Presence of British Army on the streets; The rising of tourism; Traffic tickets; British Prime Minister John Major's political problems with the Tory Party; Release of a convicted British soldier; Comment from Cardinal Archbishop of Armagh,...
- Research notes. // International Advances in Economic Research;Feb95, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p82
Presents a summary of the comments of Drake University's J.E. Weaver on the paper `The Cultural Invasions of Ireland: Their Effects on Economic Development' by Alden Peterson of Appalachian State University in North Carolina. Effect of invasions on the culture, economy and legal and...
- Research notes. // International Advances in Economic Research;Feb95, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p88
Presents a summary of the comments of Morgan State University's Gladson I. Nwanna on the paper `The Cultural Invasions of Ireland: Their Effects on Economic Development' by Alden Peterson of Appalachian State University in North Carolina. Attribution of Ireland's lack of sginificant economic...
- Ireland. // OECD Economic Outlook;Jun94, Vol. 1994 Issue 1, p94
Analyzes the economic development of Ireland in 1993. Fast economic growth; Fall of interest rates; Lowering of mortgage rates; Growth in money supply; Increase in budget deficit; Projected acceleration in economic growth; Likely increase in private consumption; Risks to projections.
- Ireland. // OECD Economic Outlook;Dec94, Vol. 1994 Issue 2, p99
Presents information on the fast growing economy of Ireland. Reasons for fast growth; Forecasting for economic growth.
- Ireland. // OECD Economic Outlook;Dec95, Vol. 1995 Issue 1, p88
Presents information on the economic expansion in the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development country, Ireland, for 1995. Status on inflation; Forecasting for gross domestic product (GDP) growth.
- Ireland. // OECD Economic Outlook;Jun97, Vol. 1997 Issue 1, p93
Discusses the performance if Ireland's economy. Examination of the pace of Ireland's economic expansion for 1996; How economic growth is projected to remain buoyant in 1997 and 1998; Expectations for employment to expand; Impact of rapid economic growth on the reduction of public debt.
- Ireland: Coming up for eire. Payne, Doug // Director (00123242);Feb97, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p22
Focuses on the high business confidence which Ireland possesses and the fact that it is believed to be the answer to the economic problems of Europe. Circumstances surrounding the economic performance of Irish businesses; Information on the figures of the Irish Exporters Association; Reference...
- The challenge of opportunity. Pierse, Peter // Accountancy Ireland;Feb1998, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p14
Analyzes economic trends in Ireland as of February 1998. Centralization of manufacturing and communities; Federalization of organizations; Retraining of workers; Service and leisure industries as biggest source of new employment; Decline in the power of the government over industries;...
- Manufacturing Ireland. Ward, Seamus // Public Finance;05/22/98, p12
Provides information on the economic conditions in the Republic of Ireland. Benefits of European Union money to Ireland; Economic growth rate of Ireland; Achievements as a member of the Union. INSET: Preparing for the euro.