Apathy rules on first Learning at Work Day
- Moving Toward a Distributed Learning Model Based on Self-Managed Learning. Guglielmino, Paul J.; Guglielmino, Lucy M. // SAM Advanced Management Journal (07497075);Summer2001, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p36
Demonstrates the critical importance of the learning approaches on maintaining competence in the workplace. Factors contributing to the acceleration of changes in the workplace; Differences between distributed learning model and the traditional learning model; Advantages of a self-directed...
- Guest Editorial. Callaghan, Michael; Harkin, Jim // International Journal of Online Engineering;2007, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one by Dieter MÃ¼eller and colleagues on the vision of collaborative learning spaces and another by Salaheddin Odeh and Eiman Ketaneh on the implementation of automated user support utilizing a rule-based approach in...
- Learning lessons in the work world. // Hub (Hay River, NT);4/10/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p4
The article comments on the importance of continuous learning in the workplace for success.
- Appendix C: LEARNERS' PERCEPTIONS OF WORKPLACE LEARNING IN THEIR OWN WORDS. // Workplace Learner;2002, p266
A variety of terms and ideas that relates to the perceptions of learners towards workplace learning that appeared in the book "The Workplace Learner," by William J. Rothwell are presented.
- Appendix D: BEHAVIORAL EVENT INTERVIEW GUIDE TO ASSESS WORKPLACE LEARNING CLIMATE. // Workplace Learner;2002, p305
A variety of questionnaires that relates to workplace learning climate that appeared in the book "The Workplace Learner," by William J. Rothwell are presented.
- Build occasions to craft relationships. // Administrative Professional Today;Sep2014, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p4
The article offers suggestions for using interactions with the leaders of the top companies which includes one on avoiding monologuing, the other on the interaction to recognize the learning capacity and the third on importance of promotions in workplace.
- Recipe for profitable workplace learning. Hanrahan, Steve // Hospitality (11724285);Jul2011, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p8
The article reports on the findings of the research conducted by the Industry Training Federation on five success factors for workplace learning which includes a structured orientation, good teaching practices, and support at the organisational level.
- LEARNING BY DOING. Juechter, W. Mathew // Training & Development;Oct93, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p28
Examines key issues and developments relevant to workplace learning. Development of learning theories; Application of classroom learning concepts in the workplace; Social context of learning; Incorporation of technology-assisted options in learning.
- THE SEARCH FOR THE POETRY OF WORK. Galagan, Patricia A. // Training & Development;Oct93, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p33
Explores key aspects and concepts of organizational learning in the workplace. Conceptual territory of learning; Integration of assessment and learning; Use of technology to link emerging organizations.