- Raya Picked By Safeway To Run Vons. // MMR;2/20/2012, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p42
The article announces the appointment of Lori Raya as president of Vons division of Safeway Inc.
- Bounty Call. Field, Katherine // Chain Store Age;Dec2007, Vol. 83 Issue 12, p104
The article reports that Safeway added bounties to its frontier of recruiting practices in August 2007, and in just a few months the supermarket retailer has cashed in with quality job placements in record time. BountyJobs is a private online hiring marketplace where employers inch as Safeway...
- Safeway plans $2 million store remodel. Gustafson, Jeanne // Journal of Business (10756124);3/26/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p7A
The article reports on Safeway Inc.'s plan to remodel its store at the Town & Country Shopping Center in Spokane, Washington for $2 million. It plans to convert the store to its lifestyle theme and will add approximately 35 employees. It will be updated with tiles in various color combinations...
- Safeway CIO joins PO. Huber, Nick // Computer Weekly;2/8/2005, p4
The article reports that Post Office has appointed the former chief information officer of Safeway Inc. as its first operations director. Ric Francis, who will be responsible for both IT and non-IT services such as customer support, will sit on the board and executive committee. During his time...
- Kroger Workers Vote to Strike. Zwiebach, Elliot // SN: Supermarket News;10/18/2004, Vol. 52 Issue 42, p6
Reports that the Kroger workers labor union in Cincinnati, Ohio has voted to authorize a strike following the company's failure to produce an adequate employment contract. Benefits being offered by Kroger to its employees; Decision of Kroger to hire and train temporary replacement workers to...
- It's Finally Payday. Johndro, Rolande // Dollars & Sense;Mar/Apr2005, Issue 258, p4
Reports on the settlement reached by grocery chains Albertsons, Ralphs Grocery and Vons Supermarkets of Safeway with its hired janitors in a U.S. federal court in January 2005. Discrimination and manpower law violations committed against the hired temporary workers according to ABC News; Amount...
- Supermarket offers allergy tests. Dyer, Owen // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);5/18/96, Vol. 312 Issue 7041, p1248
Reports on Safeway Inc.'s planned offer of an allergy test service. Test equipment; Test process; Charge; Goals of the testing; Comments on the planned tests.
- And now, a `successful' LBO. // America;6/9/1990, Vol. 162 Issue 22, p563
Editorial. Evaluates the long-term impact of the $5.65 billion leveraged buy-out (LBO) of Safeway, the world's biggest supermarket chain, in 1986. Immediate profits for the raiders, shareholders, banks, investors, and law and accounting firms; Devastation faced by laid-off staff; Remaining...
- Safeway opts for rail delivery. // Professional Engineering;09/03/97, Vol. 10 Issue 16, p6
Reports on Safeway's plans to shift to rail service to deliver goods to its supermarkets.