Rail firms shunt `old BR way' into sidings
- GNER falls to bottom place. Miles, Tony // Modern Railways;May2007, Vol. 64 Issue 704, p12
The article reports on the operational performance of various train operating companies in Great Britain as of March 2007. The Great North Eastern Railway (GNER) is reportedly the worst performing train operating company, being the only operator to record a Public Performance Measure score of...
- Network Rail drags down GNER in P12. // Rail Business Intelligence;4/5/2007, Issue 291, p5
The article provides information on the Public Performance Measure involving train operating companies (TOCs) in Great Britain for the Period 12 from February 2 to March 3, 2007. The infrastructure delays committed by Network Rail affected the performance of GNER which achieved the score of...
- GNER bottom of P13 PPM. // Rail Business Intelligence;5/3/2007, Issue 293, p4
The article reports that Public Performance Measure (PPM) scores for the period of March 13-31, 2007 show Great North Eastern Railway (GNER) at the bottom of the table for both the period and Moving Annual Average figures in Great Britain. Midland Main Line continues to lead other Long-Distance...
- Cheaper advance fares pull in the passengers. // Rail Business Intelligence;12/15/2005, Issue 260, p7
The article reports on an increase in the number of railroad passengers traveling on inter-city routes due to the sale of cheap tickets in advance in Great Britain. Great North Eastern Railway, Virgin and Midland Main Line have adopted Advance or Virgin Advance to describe these book-ahead tickets.
- High premia help GNER keep ICEC. // Rail Business Intelligence;3/24/2005, Issue 242, p1
Reports on the franchise agreement secured by Great North Eastern Railway (GNER) for International City East Coast in Great Britain in March 2005. Details of the bid; Amount to be spent by GNER for the improvement of its fleets; Plan of GNER to electrify International City East Coast's fleets.
- Line dining. Walker, Ben // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;10/16/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4295, p38
Looks at the changes undergone by British railway catering. Restaurants that were asked by Great North Eastern Railway to devise dishes for the railway; Menu offered by Great Western and Anglia Railways; Suppliers of Anglia Railways.
- ICEC premium to hit Â£396m. // Rail Business Intelligence;5/5/2005, Issue 245, p7
Analyzes the growth of premium for the replacement Intercity East Coast franchise awarded to Sea Containers subsidiary Great North Eastern Railway (GNER) in Great Britain. Amount of growth of the premium; Implication of a decrease of the revenue for the deficit shared by GNER and government;...
- IN BRIEF. // Rail Business Intelligence;12/14/2006, Issue 284, p2
The article offers news briefs on the railroad industry in Great Britain as of December 14, 2006. Arriva Trains Wales decided to offer its fleet of 22 Mk II coaches for sale. The first Great North Eastern Railway high speed train power car to be equipped with an MTU 16V4000R41 engine returned to...
- GNER launches online ticketing in first move away from TheTrainline. Farber, Alex // New Media Age;11/8/2007, p9
The article reports on the launch of an online ticketing service by British major rail operator Great North Eastern Railway (GNER). The service was launched in line with the overhaul of the company's web site. Using the service, visitors are allowed to purchase tickets for all journeys and not...