Pay and benfits
- Is 'living' wage law good for Westchester? Glenn, David J. // Westchester County Business Journal;6/3/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 22, p4
Focuses on the proposed living wage law in Westchester, New York. Comparison with the national rate and minimum wage rate; Discussion on the employee benefits standards; Assistance given to minimum-wage workers.
- Navajo pay in 1965 - less than $50 a week. DONOVAN, BILL // Navajo Times;2/19/2015, Vol. 54 Issue 7, pA-6
The article reports on the minimum wage being paid to the employees every week in Navajo Nation and Indian Country in 1965.
- Pay and Benefits. // People Management;08/13/98, Vol. 4 Issue 16, p15
Presents news briefs on employees' compensation in the United Kingdom as of August 1999. Update on minimum wage; Information on equal value cases; Opposition to clawback, where occupational pension schemes are integrated with the pension.
- Pay and Benefits. // People Management;01/28/99, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p19
Presents information on pay and benefits of employees in Great Britain. Information on the accusation made against former members of the International Olympic Committee; Amount of compensation to be given to dismissed employees of the Government Communications Headquarters surveillance center;...
- LEGISLATIVE Scorecard. // Legal-Legislative Reporter;Mar2007, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p14
The article lists proposed U.S. legislation related to the employee benefits industry including the Fair Minimum Wage Act of 2007, the Health Care Incentive Act, and the Working Americans Growing the Economy (WAGE) Act of 2007.
- 'Living' wage measure draws business fire. // Westchester County Business Journal;6/3/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 22, p1
Discusses the standards of living wage set by the officials of Westchester County, New York . Discussion on employee benefits and employment rate; Minimum wage set in the state; Business conditions and estimated public expenditure for fiscal 2002-2003.
- Pay and benefits. // People Management;5/31/95, Vol. 1 Issue 11, p8
Presents an update on issues related to pay and benefits of employees in Great Britain as of May 1995. Impact of the introduction of a national minimum wage on job losses; Pay increase among university lecturers; Information on the starting salary of college graduates.
- INDICATOR. // People Management;4/17/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p61
This section presents employment statistics for Great Britain, including average wage, minimum wage and average fringe benefits paid to employees.
- The Reality of Working Americans. Shulman, Beth // Policy & Practice (19426828);Oct2008, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p28
The article suggests and discusses ways on how to translate the economic growth and profitability into better lives of the American laborers. These suggestions include increasing the minimum wage, providing access to health insurance and rewarding business that provide proper payment for workers...