Staff fear plans will put GrandMet in the saddle
- Guinness-Grand Met merger. // Accountancy Ireland;Dec1997, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p24
Reports on the European Commission's approval of the proposed merger between Guinness PLC and Grand Metropolitan PLC.
- Casked aside. // Marketing Week;1/22/1998, Vol. 20 Issue 41, p28
Presents information on Guinness Brewing, a company formed by the merger between Guinness plc and Grand Metropolitan. Focuses of the merger; Benefits of the merger to both companies; Changes the merger has caused at both companies; Information on consumer products which the merger has created.
- The ...23 billion merger of Grand Metropolitan and Guinness... // Campaign;12/19/97, Issue 51, p5
Reports on American authorities' conditional approval of the merger of Grand Metropolitan and Guinness. Requirement for the merged company, Diageo, to sell its Dewar's Scotch whisky and Bombay Sapphie gin brands to conform to market-share regulations.
- Purchase price allocated. // Accountancy;Apr95, Vol. 115 Issue 1220, p98
Reports on Great Britain-based Grand Metropolitan PLC's preliminary allocation of the purchase price of its acquisition of Pet Inc. Basis of the allocation; Details of the allocation; Grand Metropolitan's policy of recording significant own brands acquired.
- He Wants Watney's. // Time;6/19/1972, Vol. 99 Issue 25, p90
The article focuses on businessman Maxwell Joseph as he seeks to acquire the brewing company Watney Mann. It states that the chances of Joseph owning the company increased after Rank Organisation Ltd. withdrew its acquisition offer of 1.1 billion dollars. It also adds that shareholders of Watney...
- Pillsbury provision. // Accountancy;Jul1989, Vol. 104 Issue 1151, p37
This article focuses on the interim report of the Grand Metropolitan PLC for six months ended March 31, 1989 that reveals a provision set up on the acquisition of the food group Pillsbury. The provision covers the costs of restructuring and strategically realigning the operations of the food...
- Burger King acquires U.K. hamburger chain. Sterlicchi, John // Marketing News;9/25/89, Vol. 23 Issue 20, p7
The article reports on the plan of Grand Metropolitan, owner of fast food chain Burger King, to acquire Wimpey restaurants from United Biscuits Holdings PLC in Great Britain. Also included in the Â£118 million deal were 131 Pizzaland restaurants and 130 Perfect Pizza take-home/home delivery...
- Bright Young People. // Fortune;Dec1930, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p58
The article discusses the historical background of the Guinness family from Ireland. The brewery of Arthur Guinness Son & Co., Ltd. is British-owned and is considered the largest brewery around the world, situated in the Irish Free State and forms the main export business of the district. Arthur...
- Stout-Hearted Island. // Time;1/21/1966, Vol. 87 Issue 3, p87
The article offers information on Arthur Guinness Son and Co. and its financial performance considering its dark brew called Guinness Stout in Ireland. It states that the company employs 4,300 people supporting 26,000 employees and 16,000 Irish farmers to buy 100,000 tons of barley. It mentions...