- Green jobs could just be the answer. Cartwright, John // Canadian Dimension;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p18
Provides an overview on `green jobs strategy' proposed by Canadian labor unions as a way to adapt to globalization. Linking jobs and the environment; Political demand for governments to fund an extensive jobs program; Rebuilding of the economy based on sustainability.
- Blue-collar jobs preserved in new contract with Philadelphia district. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;7/24/2012, p2
The article reports that in July 2012, the Philadelphia School Reform Commission in Pennsylvania has reached a new agreement with its blue-collar union that will preserve the jobs of the union's 2,700 members for the next four years.
- Unions fear ILAs will fail. // People Management;6/22/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 13, p11
Reports on the possible failure of the individual learning accounts in Great Britain. Claims of trade unions and service providers on the government initiative; Importance of the partnership between trade unions and employers; Purpose of the learning accounts.
- IV. Implementing the OECD Jobs Strategy. // OECD Economic Surveys: Korea;Oct1998, p116
Focuses on specific recommendations of the "Jobs Study" report from the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, for Korea as of October 1998. Overview of Korean labor market performance; Labor union issues; Reasons official statistics may overstate the degree of equality;...
- Labor Month in Review. // Monthly Labor Review;Jan99, Vol. 122 Issue 1, p2
Presents employment-related updates in the United States as of January 1999. Exploration of collective bargaining agreements; Changes on the rate of union membership; Revenue growth in 1998.
- ESTIMATE OF UNION MEMBERSHIP FROM REPORTS FILED UNDER THE LABOR-MANAGEMENT REPORTING AND DISCLOSURE ACT. Ferguson, C.E.; Stober, William J. // Southern Economic Journal;Oct66, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p166
The following hypothesis was stated at the beginning of this section: changes in employment are a primary cause of changes in union membership, and changes in membership are more closely related to changes in employment the more limited the geographical area and the industrial sector. This...
- Congress receives new anti-salting bills. // Underground Construction;Apr97, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p6
Introduces the anti-salting bills by the House and Senate which would prohibit professional union agents and employees from seeking employment with non-union employers with the intent of organizing their workers. Intention of the bill; Salting as a union-organizing tool; Disadvantage of the bill.
- Jack in the Box restaurants put on Don't Patronize List. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;9/15/2011, Vol. 75 Issue 7, p5
The article reports that All Jack have been placed on the We Do not Patronize List of the St. Louis Building and Construction Trades Council.
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // People Management;6/29/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 13, p13
The article presents updates related to the human resource sector. Colombia is the most perilous country for trade union activity, according to a survey by the International Confederation of Free Trade Unions. Great Britain has the highest employment rate of all the G7 countries, according to...