Developing a new IT culture for personnel professionals
- HITTING the Virtual Pavement. // Caribbean Business;2/27/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p101
Focuses on information technology advances in human resources management in the Caribbean Area in 2001. Personnel management changes brought about by information technology; Forecasted growth in online employment by 2003; Impact of information technology on local employment agencies. INSET:...
- Tower Hamlets teenagers help fill IT skills shortages. // Personnel Today;3/12/2002, p4
Focuses on the steps applied by the human resources management on the shortages of information technology skills in Great Britain. Consideration of the unemployed with formal academic qualifications; Emphasis of work placement; Advantages of passing the City & Guilds qualifications.
- Managers encouraged to rage against the machine. Whitehead, Mark // People Management;10/15/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 20, p10
Focuses on the significance of personnel management in compliance to information technology. Discussion on personnel management.
- Why HR forms should be filed away for good. Richards-Carpenter, Colin // People Management;4/18/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 8, p46
Opinion. Presents the author's view on the use of information technology in human resource (HR) management functions. Discussion of HR management systems in the past; Stages in developing HR systems; Advice for the HR systems to be used by line managers.
- Dispelling the five e-learning myths. Butler, Paul // Personnel Today;4/9/2002, p13
Reports the electronic learning methods for personnel management. Focus on technology and delivery infrastructure products; Suitability of e-learning for teaching information technology courses; Training methods of e-learning.
- Viewpoints. Smith, Laura // PC Week;5/15/95, Vol. 12 Issue 19, pE/3
Presents the viewpoints of various chief information technology (IT) officers on how to retain their best IT employees.
- Managing the climb. Mascord, David; Towner, Nathalie // Computer Weekly;9/5/2002, p37
Focuses on the shift of technical role of Information Technology professionals to personnel management. Difficulty on transition of responsibility from technical aspect to management; Enhancement of management skills through training on interpersonal skills; Participation to management courses.
- Research reveals IT gulf in human resources. // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Dec94, Vol. 72 Issue 11, p5
Highlights the report `People and Technology--HR System Trends in Large Organisations' in Great Britain. Importance of information technology; Indifference of human resource managers towards information technology.
- Problem corner. Foster, Steve // Personnel Today;5/6/2003, p23
Answers queries about the benefits of an electronic human resource system. Selection of the appropriate system; Installation and operation of the system.