What employers must know about work permit rules
- Quitting Time. Smith, Larry // Humanist;Mar/Apr94, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p22
Discusses the basic right of every individual to labor. Provision in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UNDHR); Basis for deciding when to protest or to quit bad work; Experiences of Larry Smith in his teaching profession.
- Right-to-work is crucial to continued economic growth. Gossett, Lewis F. // South Carolina Business Journal;Sep97, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p13
Discusses right to work as one of the important foundations of labor and business in South Carolina. Role of the federal government; Argument of the National Right to Work Committee; Criticism regarding right to work policy.
- Right-to-work works. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;2/28/94, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p22
Cites an article in the February 1994 issue of the `National Right to Work Newsletter' which reports the 21 right-to-work states have recovered from the recent recession much better and faster than the 29 forced-unionism states. Figures on gains of jobs in right-to-work states; Statistics from...
- Senate refuses to take up right to work. // Human Events;8/02/96, Vol. 52 Issue 29, p22
Reports on the US Senate's failure to invoke cloture on the `Right to Work' Act. Section of the National Labor Relations Act that would have been repealed by the bill; Results of the Senate's rollcall vote.
- No ability? Not to worry. // Electronic Ardell Wellness Report (E-AWR);06/02/2000, p3
Reports the approval of the Americans With No Abilities Act by the United States President Bill Clinton. Benefits and protection provided for more than 135 million talentless citizens; Provision for corporate incentives; Duty of state towards the citizens regardless of ability.
- Which Side Are You On? LeSage, Sheryl // Liberty Press;Mar2012, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p8
The author reflects on issues surrounding the right to work in the U.S.
- The right to work. Springsteen, Bruce // Across the Board;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p12
Discusses information about the right to work. Qualities of a good job.
- Tucson unemployment rate changes slightly to 6.8%. // Inside Tucson Business;4/26/2013, Vol. 22 Issue 48, p3
The article reports on the change in the unemployment rate in Tucson, Arizona, which according to the Arizona Office of Employment and Population Statistics has changed between February and March 2013 from 6.7 to 6.8 percent.
- Job losers, leavers, and entrants--a report on the unemployed. Hoyle, Kathryn D. // Monthly Labor Review;Apr69, Vol. 92 Issue 4, p24
Reports on the three types of unemployed persons of the U.S. labor force. Job entrants; Job losers; Job leavers; Estimate number of job entrants, losers and leavers; Reasons behind the loss of a job; Comparison of unemployment rate between men and women; Demographics of job entrants; Seasonal...