- Hunting the elephant. Ross, Priscilla // African Business;Jan1998, Issue 228, p21
Highlights the move of South African mining companies to explore and invest on mining sites outside South Africa. Purchase of equity stake in various countries engaged in mining business; Reason behind the countries' pursuit in foreign lands; African countries where explorations are made.
- Risks. // Equities;Aug95, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p49
Presents brief analyses of several mining companies' operations by posing questions to the reader. Includes AGC Americas Gold; Akiko Gold Resources; Banff Resources.
- Governor honors Nevada mining industry. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Jan1996, Vol. 197 Issue 1, p16L
Lists the recognized companies of the Northern Nevada Governor's Industry Appreciation Luncheon for continuing established businesses' commitment to invest in Nevada. Includes Ala Gold Co.; Barrick Goldstrike Mines Inc.; Santa Fe Pacific Gold Corp.
- Top mining and quarrying companies in southern Arizona. Brovet, Tori // Inside Tucson Business;5/13/96, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p8
Ranks mining and quarrying companies in southern Arizona based on their number of total employees as of May 13, 1996. Includes contact information; Year founded; Headquarters.
- Top mining and quarrying companies in Southern Arizona. Trower, Tanya // Inside Tucson Business;07/28/97, Vol. 7 Issue 18, p10
Presents a chart on the top mining and quarrying companies in Southern Arizona, as ranked by number of total employees in the area. Includes BHP Copper Co.; Phelps Dodge Corp.; ASARCO Inc.; Cyprus Sierrita Corp.; Granite Construction Co.; San Xavier Rock and Materials; Arizona Portland Cement Co.
- More mining companies looking at P.R. Trinidad, Pablo J. // Caribbean Business;5/18/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 20, p4
Reports on the interest expressed by mining companies in Puerto Rico. Conduction of an environmental impact statement for the mining of the Cala Abajo copper and gold deposits by Southern Gold Resources; Exploration work in the Barranquitas area by Cominco America; Evaluation by the...
- Mining's `800 lb gorillas'. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Oct93, Vol. 194 Issue 10, p14
Presents information on the largest mining companies as of October 1993. Roskill Information Services Ltd. as data source; Non-fuel mine production (NFMP); Premier position of Anglo American Corp.: North American companies in the ranks; Australasia companies' boost in share; Lack of mining...
- Mining. // Indiana Business Magazine;Aug96, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p30
Presents mining companies in Indiana. Includes Black Beauty Coal Co.; Indiana Limestone Co.; JLS Inc.
- Tale of Joe's golden dream. Lander, Russell // Bulletin with Newsweek;04/29/97, Vol. 116 Issue 6069, p45
Looks at the stock performance of four Australian mining companies as of April 1997. Aust Gold Resources; Astro Mining; Johnson's Well; Mt Kersey Mining; Reasons for the performance of each.