- Geometric progression. O'Keeffe, John // People Management;04/02/98, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p54
Argues that managers must receive training in triangular thinking to help improve their, and the company's, productivity. Disadvantages of incrementalism; Background on Procter and Gamble's use of triangular thinking. INSET: Mane attraction. by Jane Pickard.
- Training managers for South Africa. Lasseter, Diana G. // Business News New Jersey;11/15/95, Vol. 8 Issue 21, p14
Profiles Madison, New Jersey-based nonprofit corporation South African Leadership Development Program. Placement of South African middle managers in American businesses where they can learn skills that will help both their companies and their country; Launching of program after The Professional...
- It pays to inform and empower your managers. Danco, Leon // Crain's Cleveland Business;6/12/95, Vol. 16 Issue 24, pS-3
Discusses the advantages of informing and empowering company managers. Problem with the training philosophy of owner-managers; Importance of teamwork.
- Nurturing directors for the year 2020. Louchheim, Frank P. // Corporate Board;Nov/Dec90, Vol. 11 Issue 65, p7
Focuses on the need for corporations to become involved in training young people to assure a sufficient supply of qualified leaders in the United States. Impact of the increasing high school drop-out rates on skilled-labor supply in the country; Globalization of the corporate structure; Career...
- The Case Method Bank: One Approach to Ongoing Management Development. Bunn, Willard // Financial Practice & Education;Spring/Summer93, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p53
Focuses on the management training program developed by the Marine Corp. at its headquarters in Springfield, Illinois. Emphasis on the use of case studies; Invitation of experts as speakers; Marine as a member of `The New Yorker's' Education Program; Measures of success.
- Custom designs. McClenahen, John S. // Industry Week/IW;1/22/96, Vol. 245 Issue 2, p37
Discusses various aspects of customized executive education. Need for custom-tailored executive education; Names of companies in the United States and in other countries which use customized education for their executives; Description of the customized educational programs of several business...
- Management training. Hubbard, Andrew S. // Mortgage Banking;Aug95, Vol. 55 Issue 11, p103
Offers some guidelines for implementing management training programs. Examination of the target audience; What a management program should include; Costs; Paybacks.
- Executive training. Hubbard, Andrew S. // Mortgage Banking;Sep95, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p90
Offers advice on how to manage the training of executives. Outsourcing of the executive training; Role of internal training departments; Maintenance of a current file on what executive training is offered, by whom and at what cost; Billing of the cost of executive training.
- How to find the right project manager. // New Hampshire Business Review;4/26/96, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p24
Features the Keane's Project Manager Competency Model, a set of project manager skills and behaviors for project managers. Importance of a superior project manager to organizations.
- Executive coaching. O'Brien, Michael // Supervision;Apr97, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p6
Focuses on the benefits of executive coaching to improve and solve dilemmas faced by company executives. Increase in popularity of executive coaching due to a growing number of executives grappling with specific problems or issues at work over an extended period of time; Examples of problems...