Training success in the big league
- A branch of the Christmas industry. // Accountancy;Dec1987, Vol. 100 Issue 1132, p14
Focuses on Great Britain-based Porth Decorative Products, a maker of artificial Christmas trees and decorations. Top executives; Range of product offerings; Other growth targets and strategies.
- Ditmar Porth: Manufacturing. // Automotive News;9/23/2002, Vol. 77 Issue 6003, p26B
Profiles Opel executive Ditmar Porth in Europe. Reduction of production capacity and improvement of manufacturing quality; Use of voluntary early retirement packages by Porth; Production of Vectra cars from the factory.
- Chief fall-guy officers. Kertesz, Louise // Modern Healthcare;03/16/98, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p76
Reports about Susan Porth's resignation as chief financial officer at Kaiser Permanente following the company's reported big losses. Reasons for the resignation of some finance officers in managed-care companies; Porth's comment regarding the reported loss of the company and her resignation;...
- AgriLife Extention helps keep holiday decorating safe. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);12/9/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 49, p4
The article reports on the potential danger of Christmas decorations such as injuries caused by holiday lights, according to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- At ground level. Baker, John // European Chemical News;3/31/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2046, p24
Reports on the concerns of the paints and coatings industry on a draft directive of the European Commission which specify the reduced use of solvents in decorative paints and vehicle refinishing products. Purpose of the directive; Views of the commission on the directive; Criticisms received...
- Sprinter plant up and running. // Fleet Owner;May2007, Vol. 102 Issue 5, p35
The article reports that automobile manufacturer DaimlerChrysler AG has launched production of its second-generation Sprinter van at its Ladson, South Carolina plant. According to Wilfried Porth, executive vice president of DaimlerChrysler, a total of 22,000 large vans will be assembled at the...
- Rhondda scheme ready to roll. Warner, Brian // Contract Journal;12/3/2003, Vol. 421 Issue 6455, p9
Reports on the competition for the Porth and Lower Rhondda Fach Relief Road construction scheme of the Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council in south Wales. Value of the road project; Bidders for the scheme; Delay in the selection of the preferred bidder.
- DONE DEALS. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;12/4/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4302, p10
Reports on several hotels that were acquired in Great Britain as of December 4, 2003. Porth Avallen hotel; Soroba House hotel; Mount Stewart hotel; Peveril of the Peak hotel.
- Borden sell its decorative products business. // Wood & Wood Products;Apr98, Vol. 103 Issue 5, p16
Reports on the sale of Borden Incorporated's commercial and industrial decorative products business to Borden Decor, an affiliate of American Capital Strategies Limited. Information on Borden Decor.