- Prudential Regulation Authority banks on legal reshape. // Lawyer (Online Edition);2/26/2014, p5
The article informs that the Bank of England's (BoE) Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) has set out new hoops for non-European Union (EU) banks to jump through if they want to do business in Great Britain. It is mentioned that the BoE is looking for more lawyers as the PRA, created by the...
- In-house interview: Danger money. Burton, Lucy // Lawyer (Online Edition);8/12/2013, p25
An interview with Douglas Denham, the legal director at De La Rue PLC, is presented. He provides an overview of the Basingstoke-based firm, which produces sterling for the Bank of England from a site in Debden, Essex. He mentions that De La Rue has rolled off over 150 national currencies in the...
- The Threadneedle Street effect. Smith, David // Management Today;Apr95, p2
Focuses on Bank of England's changes in its operations. Management of government debt; Enhancement of the Bank's monetary policy-making; Response to pre-election tax cuts.
- An English revolution? Wooten, Terry // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;May94, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p72
Focuses on the success of the Bank of England. Historical background of bank; Celebration of 300th anniversary; Management strategies of bank officials.
- The operation of monetary policy. // Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin;May97, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p123
Reports on the financial performance of Bank of England for the first quarter of 1997. Interest rates; Appreciation of sterling; Government bond yield; Introduction of bank reforms; Government's financial requirement. INSET: The government's financing requirement and remit...
- The international environment. // Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin;May97, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p143
Reports on developments related to the Bank of England. Activity in the British major export markets; Activity in Germany, France and Italy; Large manufacturing companies' performance compared to non-manufacturing and smaller companies; Federal Reserve's act of raising targeted federal funds in...
- The New Lady of Threadneedle Street. // Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin;May98, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p173
Presents a speech given by the Governor of the Bank of England at the Manchester Business School on February 24, 1998, dealing with the issue of governance, finances and functions of the Bank outlined in the Bank of England Bill and the Memorandum of Understanding.
- Testing value-at-risk approaches to capital adequacy. Jackson, Patricia; Perraudin, William // Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin;Aug98, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p256
Focuses on whole-book value-at-risk-models, while examining how the Bank of England assessed their performance in 1995 in accurately predicting risk and in providing a basis for reliable trading-book capital calculations. Information on the Basle Accord and the European Union (EU) Directives;...
- Let's scrap banking's Sinclair C5. Lucas, George // New Statesman;07/31/98, Vol. 127 Issue 4396, p17
Argues that politicians should be placed in charge of the Bank of England. Description of the bank when it was acquired in May 1997; Theory behind giving the bank independence; Problems affecting the bank; Reason real politicians should resume control of the bank.