Investing in survivors
- New Cross: Registrar and auditors disagree. // Accountancy;Feb1984, Vol. 95 Issue 1086, p4
Reports that the enforced 'collapse' of the New Cross Building Society was confirmed by the British Court of Appeals. Negative impact on the building society movement.
- After New Cross, why no action? Barnes, Paul // Accountancy;Mar1984, Vol. 95 Issue 1087, p151
Reports on the problems of building societies in Great Britain highlighted by the collapse of the New Cross. Recommended auditing and accounting system for building societies; Need to implement long-overdue reforms.
- 160% growth. // Accountancy Ireland;Apr99, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p29
Reports on the growth of EBS Building Society's managed fund business in Ireland.
- CEO's shift at S&L's: One moves over, other moves out. Herbert, S.J. // Black Enterprise;Jul89, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p13
Examines leadership changes at two of the nation's largest black-owned Savings and Loans (S&L's). Different steps taken to battle the current S&L crisis nationwide; Forecasts black financial institution mergers for survival in the new thrift market.
- Black S&Ls and thrift reform: The purge begins. Edmond Jr., A.A. // Black Enterprise;Nov89, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p33
Discusses the impact of recent thrift reform legislation on black-owned savings and loan institutions. Strict requirements that could lead to insolvency or mergers with larger banks; Efforts to preserve black thrifts through key legislative measures; Importance of black thrifts to home...
- S&L launches investment unit. Cornell, Ryan // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/10/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 50, p5
Reports the launching of an investment unit of the First Federal Savings & Loan Association of Lakewood, Ohio. Partnership with the Rocky River office and the Financial Network Investment Corp; Offer of consultative opportunities; Development of costumers financial goals.
- Better numbers for fading S&L industry. Klein, Sarah // Orange County Business Journal;11/04/96, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p23
Presents information on a savings and loans report on Orange County. Provision of information provided by the Office of Thrift Supervision; Expansion of the First Nationwide Bank.
- LARGEST SAVINGS INSTITUTIONS. // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/22/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 51, p58
The article lists the largest savings institutions ranked by northeast Ohio deposits, including Third Federal Savings & Loan Association, AmTrust Bank and Dollar Bank FSB.
- Largest savings institutions. Szappanos, Anna // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/27/93, Vol. 14 Issue 52, p15
Presents a list of savings institutions in Cleveland, Ohio, ranked by assets. Percentage change; Net income; Non-performing loans; Tangible capital; Top local executive; Contact information.