Health and safety
- Benefit banes for small businesses. McShulskis, Elaine // HRMagazine;Oct97, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p25
Reports that the cost of health benefits is the number one challenge facing small businesses, according to respondents to a survey of Wall Street Journal subscribers. Findings of the survey; Percentage of the respondents who agree that benefits are a key factor in retaining good employees;...
- Cost-Saving Tips For Health Plans. Buss, Dale D. // Nation's Business;May99, Vol. 87 Issue 5, p30
Suggests strategies to consider to reduce the impact of rising health premium increases based on suggestions from business people and experts in employee benefits. Suggestion from Randall Abbott, senior consultant for Watson Wyatt Worldwide, if premium increases are too hefty; Impact of...
- Quality Also Counts For 'The Other Health Plans.' Nosewicz, Jerry // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;10/23/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 43, pS-12
Reports on the demand of employees in the United States for dental and vision benefits. Problems faced by employers; Importance of the benefits to employees.
- Corporate fitness. Strohl, Lydia // Executive Report;Jul96, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p62
Focuses on the value to companies of corporate fitness benefits for employees. Anecdotal evidence for improvement of productivity and morale; Comments from managers of fitness centers and of companies that have corporate fitness benefits.
- Categories of Services and Products. // Employee Benefit News;2007 Benefits Sourcebook, Vol. 20, p36
A directory for companies offering employee health insurance services in the U.S. is presented.
- U.K. plans broadening eligibility, study says. Veysey, Sarah // Business Insurance;8/20/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 34, p17
Focuses on the expansion of health plan eligibility by employers in Great Britain. Impact of the health plan program on employees; Percentage of plans covering mental disorders; Provision of health insurance for senior employees.
- Faster returns from PMI. Lovewell, Debbie // Employee Benefits;May2003, p19
Discusses various aspects of private medical insurance (PMI) and its impact on employee benefits management in Great Britain. Issues to be considered by employers planning to offer PMI to their workers; Criteria for selecting employees to be covered by PMI.
- Vision Care: A Compensation Cornerstone. Steere, Richard W. // Employee Benefits Journal;Mar2001, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p49
Comments on the significance of vision care in employee benefit packages and its effect on employee appeal and retention in the United States. Impact of healthy eyesight at work; Effect of the presence of computers in the workplace; Program elements that are ideal to employees.
- Independent, Non-Traditional Workers A Growing Group For Providers, Study Finds. Mitchell, Robert W. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;10/8/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 41, pS-8
No abstract available.