Tribunal reform plans `off target'
- Six banks appeal court ruling on construction funding issue. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;3/18/96, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p10
Reports that six banks are appealing the ruling of a state Supreme Court, in the Thrift Associations Service Corporation of Tarrytown, financing for Pennybridge manor. Issues; Details on the ruling; Names of the banks in question.
- Giving justice a fair hearing. Burrows, Emma // Director (00123242);Aug95, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p25
Outlines options for reforming industrial tribunals in Great Britain. Includes making related law accessible; Encouraging employers to deal with complaints; Conciliation and arbitration. INSET: Proposals for reform..
- Tribunals to merge. Wilson, Beth // Legaldate;Sep97, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p8
Discloses on a proposal to merge the various administrative tribunals in Australia. Description and functions of the tribunals; Concerns on threats to the independence of tribunals.
- The judge as manager. Fisher, Louis // Public Manager;Fall96, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p7
Focuses on the courts in the United States (U.S.) and looks at their involvement in administrative matters. Background information on judges; Information on the Administrative Act (APA) of 1946; Reference to the desegregation of schools in the 1930s; Identification of schools targeted; Indepth...
- The manager's role in alternative dispute resolution. Merchant, Christina Sickl // Public Manager;Fall96, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p19
Examines the dispute resolution practices of courts in the United States, and looks at the most commonly seen conflicts. Methodology used to resolve disputes; Information on the cost of using dispute resolution; Examination of the method (ADR) alternative dispute resolution; Prevention of ADR.
- Strategic planning in the jucicial branch. Lucianovic, William M. // Public Manager;Fall96, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p23
Focuses on the characterization of tenure in the judicial branch. Indepth look at strategic planning within the judicial branch; Identification of the time spent by federal judges in service; What are the dependents of the judicial branch national governance; Information on the judiciary...
- Assessing the forum and the long haul. Kerwin, Neil // Public Manager;Fall96, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p33
Presents information on the American judiciary on the management of public programs and its effects. What is the judiciary's responsibility; Identification of the role of the Constitution; Examination of the effects of the judicial system on public management.
- Disciplinary Tribunal Decision. Williams, Kevin John // Chartered Accountants Journal;Aug2001, Vol. 80 Issue 7, p91
Focuses on the decision of the Disciplinary Tribunal of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of New Zealand to remove Kevin John Williams from the registry of members. Penalty for misconduct in professional capacity.
- Financial penalties for tribunal time-wasters. Brahams, Gareth // Personnel Today;6/11/2002, p18
Reports the financial penalties on the employment tribunal system in Great Britain. Rules governing the power of tribunals to award costs; Costs that tribunals are allowed to award; Proposal on the enhancement of the tribunal costs regime.