Recruitment and selection
- Using student perceptions and job characteristics to recruit recent graduates. McGinty, Robert; Reitsch, Arthur // Review of Business;Summer/Fall92, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p38
Discusses the use of student perceptions and job characteristics in writing an effective job advertisement. Synergic effect of job selection factor combinations; Vital elements of job attractiveness; Important components of a copy of job advertisement.
- Help-wanted ads hold steady in Nov. // Home Textiles Today;01/24/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p20
Focuses on the decline of the Conference Board's Help-Wanted Ad Index in November 1999. Slowdown of the pace of hiring; Regions with increased help-wanted advertising in the United States.
- Welcome to the packaging center, applicants. Fitzgerald, Mark // Editor & Publisher;03/21/98, Vol. 131 Issue 12, p22
Focuses on the need for mailroom recruitment advertisements to inform job candidates on what the goals and benefits of the job are. Involvement of the best current employees in the interview process at the Tucson Newspapers; Employee involvement at the `Sacramento Bee'; Open houses as a...
- They can't even make decent want ads nowadays. Jacobs, Larry // New Hampshire Business Review;9/3/93, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p13
Opinion. Comments on the inclusion of salary requirements in the employee recruitment process. Failure to include salary range in help-wanted advertisements; Dilemma among job applicants regarding salary preference; Comparison of present want advertisements to the old days; Illustrative...
- HELP WANTED. Kolettis, Helen // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Sep2001, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p58
Focuses on challenges in hiring and retaining good employees in the security industry. Factor contributing to the difficulty in finding qualified applicants; Tips on employment advertising; Steps necessary for the security industry to attract employees. INSET: Education and Training.
- Gotta job? Hertneky, Paul // Restaurant Hospitality;Jan99, Vol. 83 Issue 1, p45
Provides guidelines on hiring employees in restaurants in the United States. Strategies on employee selection; Tips on preserving employee loyalty; Importance of competitive compensation on employee salaries; Guidelines on advertising job postings; Challenges faced by foodservice operators in...
- Talent-Based Enterprise. Peters, Tom // Executive Excellence;Mar2000, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p3
Enumerates activities involved in recruiting, selecting and developing talent for business enterprises. Importance of talent; Activities include studying the field of hiring and developing talent; Benchmarking against the general manager of a professional sports franchise; Limitation of the...
- A manager wants to advertise for a position and would like to include in the qualifications that applicants "must be currently employed." Can we do this? Collis, Angie // HR Magazine;Dec2011, Vol. 56 Issue 12, p21
The article presents a question and answer concerning the phrasing of help wanted advertisements in the U.S. that would specify that job applicants must be currently employed.
- The Last Word. // HR Weekly;12/14/2015, Vol. 3 Issue 50, p4
The article presents the top jobs with gap between advertisements posted and actual hires as found by employment research firm Economic Modeling Specialists International, including registered nurses, software developers, and marketing managers.