- Will there be a flood of new claims for unfair dismissal? Goodwyn, Edward // People Management;9/7/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 18, p53
Assesses the implications of the Court of Appeal's ruling against the two-year qualification period in Great Britain. Information about the unfair dismissal case of women against the government for compensation; Argument of the secretary of state regarding Unfair Dismissal Order 1985; Results of...
- Avoiding Wrongful Termination Suits. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;10/13/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 41, p38
Provides steps in avoiding employment-related lawsuits by employers for termination of employees in the U.S. Approach in reducing employer exposure to wrongful termination suit; Description of employment; Importance of training managers and supervisors on the doctrines of employment.
- Mrs M Konczak v BAE Systems (Operations) Ltd. // Employers Law;Jun2012, p8
The article discusses a court case wherein the plaintiff, who waived the offer of her employer to have the privilege of without prejudice settlement, filed a lawsuit for unfair dismissal, sex discrimination, and disability discrimination for the loss of her earnings claim.
- Ajayi and another v Aitch Care Homes. // Employers Law;Jun2012, p9
The article discusses a court case wherein two care-home night-support employees were unfairly dismissed for being asleep while on duty.
- United States v Nolan. // Employers Law;Jun2012, p9
The article describes a court case wherein the plaintiff filed a lawsuit for failure of his employer to start the collective consultation regarding the plan to execute collective redundancies in the U.S.
- What would you have done? // Works Management;Sep2001, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p56
Presents answers to questions on the article 'Cheque mate' concerning employee dismissal. Conditions for employee dismissal; Views on the case of dismissed employee Adam Washer; Success in the application of unfair dismissal by Washer; Lessons of the case for employers.
- Supervisor deserves termination? Fire awayâ€”even if he's a member of a protected class. // HR Specialist: California Employment Law;Nov2012, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p3
The article offers information on the case of supervisor Robert which was dismissed by the court because the retirement community had a good reason to terminate him, given his poor record.
- Beware defamation lawsuit after firing: Keep the reason confidential. // HR Specialist: California Employment Law;Apr2012, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p2
The article discusses the court case Kennedy v. Calkins, which deals with terminating an employee for unethical actions.
- NEW YORK: Ex-'Playboy' employee sues magazine for discrimination. // Gay & Lesbian Times;4/9/2009, Issue 1111, p21
The article discusses a court case wherein "Playboy" magazine's former fashion director Joseph DeAcetis has filed a lawsuit against the editorial director of the magazine for allegedly terminating him due to his sexual orientation.
- No More Employee Termination Problems. Lissau, Mike // Business Owner;May/Jun2013, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p1
The article discusses the suggested strategies to avoid being hit by a lawsuit related to employee termination.