Restrictive covenants can be fraught with difficulty
- Arbitration Agreements Pass Test In Courts. Fountain, Eric M.; Rohn, Bill // Grand Rapids Business Journal;8/27/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p21
Reports on the U.S. Supreme Court's decision that arbitration covenants in employment agreements are enforceable. Ruling that an employee who had agreed to arbitrate disputes with his employer is foreclosed from later turning to the courts to resolve a disagreement; Bases of the court judgment.
- Recent court ruling sheds light on non-compete issues. Robinson, Henry H. // Fort Worth Business Press;11/6/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p17
No abstract available.
- INTERNATIONAL TIES BIND FIRMS' COVENANTS. Carp, Juliet // People Management;2/7/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p20
The article addresses the scope of restrictive covenants. Restrictive covenants refers to agreements designed to stop employees from poaching staff or customers, or doing other things that would harm a former employer. Covenants must be carefully drafted so that they go no further than is...
- Noncompete Covenants: Incentives to Innovate or Impediments to Growth. Samila, Sampsa; Sorenson, Olav // Mathematics of Operations Research;Feb2011, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p425
We find that the enforcement of noncompete clauses significantly impedes entrepreneurship and employment growth. Based on a panel of metropolitan areas in the United States from 1993 to 2002, our results indicate that, relative to states that enforce noncompete covenants, an increase in the...
- State-by-State Update: Noncompetes (Western States). // Venulex Legal Summaries;2004 Q4, p1
The article discusses the changes made by the Washington Supreme Court on the state's law on noncompetition agreements and the existing related laws in several states including Oregon, Idaho and Utah. The Supreme Court noted that employers can no longer rely on continued-at-will employment or...
- Non-competition covenant. Cooper, Stephanie // Accountancy;Jun87, Vol. 99 Issue 1126, p44
The article presents information on the court case John Michael Design PLC v. Cooke. In the case, the U.S. Court of Appeal decided that the former contract of employment of an ex-employee containing a covenant against competing with his former employers could be enforced. It can be enforced by...
- Are Restrictive Covenants Good Business? Pinto, John // Review of Ophthalmology;Apr2007 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p89
The article discusses the controversy over restrictive covenant in medical practice employment contracts. The term restrictive covenant in medical contracts is an agreement that forbids the departing doctor from several competitive behaviors. Most agreements qualify a geographic area and a...
- Employment Las Vegas, Nevada. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);2006 Book of Lists, p59
The article presents a graph about employment in Las Vegas, Nevada from 1980 to 2005.
- Market to Eye Employment Data, ISM Index. Barnett, Chip; The Bond Buyer Wire // Bond Buyer;1/2/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31295, p2
Focuses on the U.S. employment report for December 2001. Release of index of Institute for Supply Management in January 2002; Release of jobless claims for the week ended December 29, 2001; Expected decrease in non-farm payrolls in the U.S.