The human cost of discrimination
- Equal opportunities. // People Management;12/5/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 24, p12
Reports on the business sector focusing on equal opportunities. Extent of the disadvantage suffered by Afro-Caribbean managers at work; Information on the biggest settlement of a racial discrimination lawsuit in United States history.
- U.N. convention ties U.S. to affirmative action. // National Catholic Reporter;10/17/97, Vol. 33 Issue 44, p32
Editorial. Focuses on United Nation's adoption of International Convention on the Elimination of all forms of Racial Discrimination. Need for the nations to mandate affirmative action programs; Issues on the racial and gender preferences in schools, employment and housing; Impact of...
- NAACP calls judge's plan 'hypocritical.' Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;04/05/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 14, p6
Reports the characterization of a judge plan as hypocritical regarding the implementation of affirmative action plan in Michigan. Opponents of the affirmative action plan; Impact of the action plan on the education of minority; Need for fair admission of Black and White students in school campus.
- What to do about affirmative action. Puddington, Arch // Commentary;Jun95, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p21
Explores the proper attitude in addressing the issue of affirmative action in America. Concept of affirmative action and the policy of racial preference; Resilience of affirmative action in the face of widespread popular hostility; Acceptance of the diversity principle within certain key...
- Time to take a new look at your Affirmative Action program. Is it foolproof? Wallace, Jr., Edwin C. // Banking;Feb78, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p11
Deals with issues concerning the affirmative action programs of banks. Way in which banks could detect problems in employee racial discrimination; Steps in identifying affected class liability within the work force.
- Don't Shut Out White Males. Emilius Sr., Paul J. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;04/26/99, Vol. 242 Issue 16, p95
Argues that affirmative action programs in the United States (US) have created a policy of race discrimination against small businesses owned by white males. Reasons for the denial of the right to work on public works; Significance of US government-funded projects for white-owned businesses;...
- Discrimination is alive and well in affirmative action. Quayle, Dan // Human Events;9/1/95, Vol. 51 Issue 34, p9
Focuses on affirmative action programs and race discrimination in the United States. Political issues; President Bill Clinton's proposal for continuing affirmative action; Problems concerning reverse discrimination.
- The Diversity Scam. Lind, Michael // New Leader;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 83 Issue 3, p9
Explores the political and social implications of racial discrimination in the United States. Information on the affirmative action in the country; Origin of the idea of racial quotas; Significance of the widespread adoption of the diversity rationale; Consequence of the emergence of a solid...
- ROVING CAMERA. Gilbert, James // New York Amsterdam News;5/16/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 20, p13
Presents various views on affirmative action programs in the U.S. Emergence of race discrimination; Details on pro-White and anti-Black employment opportunities; Impact of affirmative action on the employment rate of the Blacks; Impact of race on the admission of students from universities.