People and posts
- The many faces of HR in the off-Broadway drama: Recruiting. // Personnel Journal;Aug96 Supplement, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p13
Focuses on the roles that a human resource (HR) manager plays in the recruitment process. Selling of hiring managers on the importance of their roles; Tip on delaying the hiring manager's emotional investment in any candidate; Do's and don'ts about interviewing; Representation of the company as...
- On the move. // Personnel Today;3/4/2003, p29
Presents information on positions of personnel managers in Great Britain as of March 4, 2003. Selection of Victoria Gill as learning and training adviser at Great Britain-based Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development; Appointment of Annette Dalchow as head of administration and...
- Hiring to Build Change Capacity: The Human Resource Role. Gorman, Brian; Hoopes, Linda // Human Resource Planning;1999, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p8
Focuses on the hiring function of human resource professionals. Need to screen all job candidates for technical competence; Five characteristics that define personal resilience; Issue of cultural alignment; Leadership approach to change.
- People and posts. // People Management;03/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p11
Presents information on executives appointed in human resource positions in Britain. Names and positions of executives; Their former jobs.
- PEOPLE & POSTS. // People Management;1/23/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p9
Presents news on appointment of human resources executives in Great Britain as of January 2003. Alison Hodgson at Sodexho; Sean McIlveen at Ford Motor Company; Mary Rance at CBI.
- Top guns. Kelly, James; Gennard, John // People Management;5/30/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p24
Focuses on the results of a study on the factors that lead to the progress of professionals to the position of human resource (HR) directors. Skill categories expected from HR directors; Competencies of an effective HR director; Reasons given by chief executives for the selection of HR...
- Look Who's at the Helm. Mirza, Patrick // HR Magazine;Nov2001, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p10
Reports on the appointment of human resource department heads who are not human resource professionals. Advantages of working with people without human resource background; Importance of the role of human resource executives in industrial management.
- No Experience Necessary? Bates, Steve // HR Magazine;Nov2001, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p34
Investigates the implications of the appointment of executives who have no human resources (HR) knowledge to head HR departments in the United States. Reasons for the decision to appoint people without HR background; Attitude of corporate officers toward HR management.
- Do you like your job? Let us know. WEBMAN, NANCY K. // Pensions & Investments;4/14/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p3
The article focuses on the periodical's third annual search for the Best Places to Work in Money Management along with requirement for participation which include registration of human resources director to discuss hiring, the employer survey and participation of employees in a survey.