- Works councils and employment growth in German establishments. Jirjahn, Uwe // Cambridge Journal of Economics;May2010, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p475
Using data from German manufacturing establishments, this article examines the relationship between works councils and employment growth. Taking the endogeneity of councils into account, the estimates show a positive growth effect of works councils. This suggests that the performance-enhancing...
- The Causes and Consequences of Adopting a Works Council. Kraft, Kornelius; Lang, Julia // Jahrbï¿½cher fï¿½r Nationalï¿½konomie & Statistik;Dec2008, Vol. 228 Issue 5/6, p512
This paper reports on the results of a study on the determinants of the introduction of a works council and its consequences. We consider the effects of expectations concerning the economic conditions of a firm on the probability of adopting a works council. This is done, on the one hand, by use...
- PrekÃ¤re Interessenvertretung. Ein deutsch-franzÃ¶sischer Vergleich von BeschÃ¤ftigtenreprÃ¤sentation im niedrig entlohnten Dienstleistungsbereich. Artus, Ingrid // Industrielle Beziehungen;2007, Vol. 2007 Issue 1, p5
Service work with precarious employment and participation standards is becoming more and more important. After a short discussion of the notion of 'precarity' and of some structural conditions of precarious work, the paper presents a comparison of interest representation in the precarious...
- Employment Las Vegas, Nevada. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);2006 Book of Lists, p59
The article presents a graph about employment in Las Vegas, Nevada from 1980 to 2005.
- Market to Eye Employment Data, ISM Index. Barnett, Chip; The Bond Buyer Wire // Bond Buyer;1/2/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31295, p2
Focuses on the U.S. employment report for December 2001. Release of index of Institute for Supply Management in January 2002; Release of jobless claims for the week ended December 29, 2001; Expected decrease in non-farm payrolls in the U.S.
- Employee relations. // People Management;03/09/95, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p5
Reports several issues regarding the employment condition in the United Kingdom (UK). Number of UK-based firms that establish works councils under the European Union's works council directive; Results of the survey conducted by Labour Research Department on percentage of workplaces using human...
- International. // People Management;05/04/95, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p12
Presents news about labor and employment throughout the world. British acceptance of the European Commission's Social Action Program; Study of the effects of cultural differences on best practice in total quality management.
- INDICATOR. // People Management;2/12/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p40
The article presents employment statistics from Great Britain, including the rate for paternity and partner's pay, sick pay, and redundancy pay.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // People Management;1/28/2010, p7
This section offers news briefs on British employment including the fall in unemployment rates between October and December 2009, the ability to manage change as an important factor in the success of business organizations, and the threat to jobs in Great Britain as U.S. food company Kraft takes...