Bingo operator teams up with business school
- Arum claims closed-circuit KO. Katz, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;6/17/96, Vol. 126 Issue 26, p61
Reports on the revenues of Top Rank Inc. from the closed-circuit-only championship fight between boxers Oscar De La Hoya and Julio Cezar Chavez. Comments on Top Rank owner Bob Arum's claims on the company's earnings; Plans of Don King, Arum's rival promoter, to hold a major boxing match on...
- HBO, SET May Vie For Oct. 4 Date. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/30/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p12
In a throwback to the date battles of the-mid 1990s, the pay-per-view event arms of Showtime and Home Box Office (HBO) are proposing separate boxing cards for October 4, 2003. Showtime Event Television will distribute a heavyweight fight between former champion Evander Holyfield and...
- Narrative Space conference puts spotlight on storytelling. Snoad, Laura // Design Week;4/15/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p7
The article offers information on the conference "Narrative Space Conference," sponsored by University of Leicester to be held at University of Leicester, England during April 20-22, 2010.
- Small parts may have big impact. Harris, Stephen // Engineer (00137758);8/16/2010, Vol. 295 Issue 7800, p10
The article reports on the research and development of a new nanoparticles which will enhance magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans and cancer treatment by researchers at the University of Leicester in England.
- EU tenders. // PrintWeek;2/17/2012, p10
The article presents several tenders issued in the British printing industry, including from such organizations as the Spectrum Housing Group, Hillcrest HA, and the University of Leicester.
- First stage of national space centre opens. // Professional Engineering;05/13/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p7
Reports on the opening of a research center at Leicester University, which marks the first stage in the development of the United Kingdom National Space Science Center. Cost of the project; What the research center will be used for; When will it be opened to the public; What other plans the...
- RADIO SIGNALS RESEARCH SCANS NEW HORIZONS. // Electronics World;Jul2010, Vol. 116 Issue 1891, p7
The article focuses on a study conducted by the University of Leicester in England which aims to figure out the causes of unpredictable radio signals and signal intervetion.
- New research alters understanding of lung growth. // African Journal of Respiratory Medicine;Mar2012, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p2
The article presents a study led by a team at the University of Leicester in England which alters the medical understanding that lungs are completely formed by the age of 3.
- Preventing large-scale weld failures. // Machine Design;2/4/2010, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p28
The article reports on the project called MintWeld managed by the University of Leicester in England with the goal to develop an accurate and predictive software-modeling package that integrates welding knowledge from industrial experiments and state-of-the-art laboratories.