Contractors admit defeat in battle over Tupe rights
- Default Terminations for Failure to Prosecute the Work. // Army Lawyer;Jul94, Issue 260, p38
Discusses the situation where a contracting officer can consider default terminations for failure to prosecute the work against the contractor.
- Largest Tarrant County based commercial general contractors. Ludwig, Kim // Fort Worth Business Press;11/17/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 30, p23
Ranks the largest commercial general contractors in Tarrant County, Texas. Award of billings and contracts; Company directory; Specialties of the contractors; Number of employees and percentages of work sub-contracted; List of representative projects.
- NEW CONTRACTS. // Horticulture Week;3/18/2011, p13
The article offers news briefs related to new contracts in Great Britain in 2011 including the search of Hampshire County Council for 21 contractors to offer tree maintenance services, the need of Gwynedd Council for contractors to offer weed control services and the search of Demontford Housing...
- Navy claims smoother sailing under new cleanup approach. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;04/13/98, Vol. 240 Issue 15, p13
Focuses on the United States (U.S) navy approach in awarding $1 billion worth of environmental contracts, which will make the bidding process better for contractors. When the technical proposals are due; What is included in each one-year contract; Development of a strategic plan for awarding...
- Joint check agreements: What are you signing? McGreevy, Susan Linden // Contractor Magazine;May98, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p72
Focuses on joint check agreements, as they relate to contractors. Protection of owners and contractors, by the `joint check rule'; Reference to the Court of Appeals case Williams versus McCoy Lumber Industries Incorporated, 246 S.E.2d 410 (Georgia Appeal 1978); Details on joint check agreements.
- Don't make court tell you what you agreed to do. McGreevy, Susan Linden // Contractor Magazine;Jan2003, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p42
Focuses on the importance of agreement dealings between contractors. Necessity to make document of agreement dealings; Factors responsible for problems arising during construction; Guidelines for effective agreement dealings.
- To contract maintenance or not? (part 2). Idhammar, Christer // Pulp & Paper;Oct99, Vol. 73 Issue 10, p33
Gives advice on contract maintenance. Tips on selecting a contractor; Characteristics of a good maintenance contract; Why a contractor should be a competitor of his own organization.
- Industry votes against regional prime contracts merger. // Contract Journal;3/12/2003, Vol. 417 Issue 6417, p1
Reports that contractors in Great Britain have opposed the plan of the Defence Estates to merge its South East and Eastern regional prime contracts. Reasons for the opposition of contractors to the merger.
- DOD, GSA, and NASA Issue Proposed Rule Regarding Notification of Overpayments. // Contract Management;Oct2002, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p53
Reports the proposal on the contractor notification of overpayments and contract financing payments in the U.S. Information on the non-conformance of contractors in returning the overpayments to the government; Publication of the General Accounting Office on the report on overpayments;...