Why we all need to worry about ageism
- at the coal face. // Recruiter;10/27/2010, p28
The article focuses on the removal of age discrimination for job in Great Britain, initiated by several recruitment organizations.
- Diversity comes of age. Javaid, Makbool // People Management;01/28/99, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p25
Discusses law and legislation on age discrimination in Great Britain. Information on a draft code of practice setting out guidelines for employers in areas such as recruitment and redundancy; Use of the code as a standard of reasonable behavior in unfair dismissal cases; Statutory provision...
- Recruitment firms dismiss bias claim. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;9/1/2003, Issue 2579, p8
Reports that recruitment firms had dismissed accusations of age bias against the company. Clarification on the accusations by recruitment firm AA Appointments' managing director John Tolmie; Need for employment of mature people by recruitment firms.
- 'Age blinds people to skills and experience'. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;9/1/2003, Issue 2579, p8
Reports that recruitment firms are feeling guilty as employers of age discrimination. Inclination of recruitment firms to employ young people who are less matured in experience than aged people; Ignorance of recruitment companies by potential employers.
- LEGAL CHECKLIST. // People Management;10/2/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p41
The article offers information on the case Rainbow v Milton Keynes Council. Rainbow, named to the teacher with 34 years of experience in the case, applied for a job but was not hired and claimed indirect age discrimination. The tribunal held that the employer had focused on hiring a teacher with...
- A code to combat workforce age limits. // Accountancy;Jan1999, Vol. 123 Issue 1265, p93
This article provides information on a voluntary code of practice introduced by the British government in 1999 which is aimed at tackling unfair age discrimination in employment. Workers who suffer age discrimination may be able to complain to an employment tribunal. The draft code covers...
- Make ageism a thing of the past. Worman, Dianah // People Management;3/8/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p63
Provides information on ageism and the occurrence of age discrimination in British employment. Survey of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development on the issue; Factors considered by management in recruiting employees; Proposed legislation concerning age diversity.
- Recruitment and selection. // People Management;4/18/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 8, p10
Presents news on British recruitment developments. Percentage increase in number of temporary managers per annum according to the Association of temporary and Interim Executive Service; Predictions of employment decline; Demand of managers for legislation in age discrimination; Rise of...
- Starter for 10â€¦ Age discrimination regs guidance. // Printing World;Nov2006, Vol. 307, p4
The article presents guidelines on how to limit age discrimination in employee recruitment. It suggests to avoid specifying length of experience in recruitment advertisements since this may discriminate against certain age groups. It stresses on the importance of considering flexible hours for...