Transsexuals and their rights in the workplace
- Accounts of sexual identity formation in heterosexual students. Eliason, Michele J. // Sex Roles;Jun95, Vol. 32 Issue 11-12, p821
Explores heterosexual identity from the standpoint of James Marcia's established identity model. Marcia's proposal of identity existence in different states depending on presence of exploration and commitment; Description of four identity statuses; Written essays on sexual identity formation and...
- I'd never thought of my heterosexuality as an impediment. But then I ran into Susan again... Taylor, Laurie // New Statesman;05/29/98, Vol. 127 Issue 4387, p63
Focuses on the issue of heterosexuality being regarded as a socially constructed sexual identity that is an impediment to one's sex life. Details on the author's personal experience with a lesbian; Reasons for the assertion made by the lesbian that heterosexuality was an impediment.
- "BISEXUALITY MEANS I AM FREE". // Diva;Feb2015, p70
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of discovering and understanding her bisexuality.
- Measuring Dimensions of Lesbian and Gay Male Experience. Mohr, Jonathan; Fassinger, Ruth // Measurement & Evaluation in Counseling & Development (American C;Jul2000, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p66
Describes the development of scales for assessing identity and outness in lesbians and gay men. Conceptualization and measurement of variables related to lesbian and gay experience; Lesbian and gay identity scale items and structure coefficients; Gender-related differences.
- Prostitution and the Question of Sexual Identity in Medieval Europe. Karras, Ruth Mazo // Journal of Women's History;Summer99, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p159
Argues that sexual identities, constructed through what the feminist-philosopher Eve Kosofsky Sedgwick calls minoritizing, can be found much earlier, in premodern western societies. Complexity of interplay between act and identity; Case that raises question whether or not sexuality is a socially...
- Gay. Not Gay. Tager, Joshua // Glamour;Jan2000, Vol. 98 Issue 1, p86
Presents stories of sexual switching, from being lesbian to straight and vice versa. Explanations on sexual switching. INSET: Why Sexual Flip-Flopping Happens.
- Constr(i)(u)cting Lesbian Identities in Physical Education: Feminist and Poststructural Approaches to Researching Sexuality. Sykes, Heather // Quest (00336297);Nov1996, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p459
Explores lesbian identities in physical education using feminist and poststructural approaches. Assumptions on sexuality; Identity management strategies used by lesbian teachers; Social construction of lesbian identity.
- A Framework For The Formation Of Gay Male Identity: Processes Associated with Adult Attachment... Elizur, Yoel; Mintzer, Arlette // Archives of Sexual Behavior;Apr2001, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p143
Proposes a conceptual framework for the study of gay male identity formation in relation to the person's self, family, and social relations. Gay male identity; Impact of family and friends on the coming out process; Relationship between identity formation and attachment style.
- Introduction: Re-casting language and masculinities. Milani, Tommaso M. // Gender & Language;2012, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p175
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses several topics within the issue including, re-casting language and masculinities, enacting musculinities and sexual identity.